Alfredo ‘El Bufalo’ Morelos

Morelos says he doesn’t go out much in Glasgow due to abuse from Celtic fans

ALFREDO MORELOS has admitted he avoids going out much in Glasgow because of abuse from Celtic fans.

The Colombian hitman is a fans' favourite at Rangers and has fired 28 goals in all competitions this season.

The 22-year-old has turned himself into the Light Blues' main man since his arrival at the club and has revealed he had offers from England, Spain, Italy and France in January. 

Morelos is idolised by the Ibrox faithful and says he is happy to take snaps with them because they show their love for him.

But he says he avoids going out regularly to keep away from Celtic supporters who he claims try to provoke him into a reaction so they can video it.

In an interview with Colombian media outlet Gol Caracol, Morelos said: "They (Rangers fans) are very passionate.

"I end up taking pictures with them for the love they have for me and because they deserve it.

"But there are also Celtic fans, I do not go out often because of them.

"They (Celtic fans) grab me wanting to make videos and telling me bad things.

"I don't pay attention to them.

"I am aware that I am a public figure, so I have to handle that situation in the best way.

"I'm still doing what I'm doing."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3941212/alfredo-morelos-celtic-fans-abuse-rangers-glasgow/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1551443321

One thing that upsets them is that they got into the habit of scoffing at the multi million valuations being put on him. As time has passed those valuations are becoming ever more realistic which patently greatly frustrates them.