Empty Seats and Waiting List

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

You pays your money, you makes your choice. If you’ve paid for your seat and abide by stadium rules, it’s no one’s business but your own whether you sit in it or not. Why are people so keen to tell you what to do?

There are 15k on the waiting list Bill. There is no issue here, if you can't make it just tell the club. They can re-sell the seat and you get 50% (not you Bill, anyone...) and everyone is happy.

The reason I posted this was I seen the BD idea and it seems a good idea. If you continually don't go, and continually don't help the club re-sell by informing them, then why should it not go to a supporter who is eager to attend every match? It's not that draconian, the BD idea means you would have to miss over 40% of games without telling the club before this was an issue.

Edited by cooponthewing

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

There are 15k on the waiting list Bill. There is no issue here, if you can't make it just tell the club. They can re-sell the seat and you get 50% (not you Bill, anyone...) and everyone is happy.

The reason I posted this was I seen the BD idea and it seems a good idea. If you continually don't go, and continually don't help the club re-sell by informing them, then why should it not go to a supporter who is eager to attend every match? It's not that draconian, the BD idea means you would have to miss over 40% of games without telling the club before this was an issue.

Fair point @cooponthewing, I'm more persuaded. If that's the rule when you buy your season ticket then I've no problem with it. So long as it's properly thought out, essentially fair and, most importantly, is part of the deal you sign up to in the first place.

For example "continually" needs to be fully defined. Is it twice in a month or a number of times per season. If I give my ST to my neighbour to use and don't use it myself for a spell, am I breaching the rules because I'm denying the club the opportunity to make money, even though the seat isn't vacant. How would they know whether it was the ST owner or his mates who occupied the seat? If you lose your ST through non-attendance, do you get a refund? In any case, this is a bit like claiming congestion charges or electric cars will save the planet - it won't make a dent in a 15000 waiting list. Only mass deaths or redevelopment and additional seats will do that.

Edited by Bill

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the main point is that it is better to have a Rangers supporter in a seat than to leave it empty.

What if I give my ST to a ScotNat instead?