Dundee United v Hibernian 15:00

Hearts v Gretna 15:00

Motherwell v Kilmarnock 15:00

Rangers v Falkirk 15:00

St Mirren v Inverness CT 15:00

Sunday, 19 August 2007 Time

Aberdeen v Celtic

Looking at the SPL fixtures for the coming weekend we seem to be the only team in the top half of the league who do not have a potential banana skin.

I know Falkirk have dogged us in the past but if we have any asperations in winning the league then Falkirk at home must fall in the category of a game we will dictate and win comfortably. Maybe i am putting the curse of death on us, but we must start these games filled with confidence.

This must be a win for Rangers.

Celtic travel up to Pittodrie which has actually been a safe haven for them in recent years but Pittodrie remains a place you look to see teams slipping up and Aberdeen will be looking to kick start their season after a poor start. Lets hope that Jimmy Calderwood can rally his troops and and at least hold out for a draw.

Unfortunately i think Celtic will come through this one with a win. Aberdeen seem to be more up to meeting us.

Hibs visit Dundee and Craig Leveign will be hoping his team can bounce back from their defeat at Kilmarnock. If i was looking to bet on a banker then i would go for a draw here. Hibs have had a great start to the season but it is easy for them to get geared up for Hearts and you would expect them to beat Gretna. Dundee utd at Tannadice could really be their first big test of the season.

A draw here for me, i would almost bet on it.

Motherwell will be hoping to continue their fantastic start but Jim Jefferies has done a fantastic job at Killie, steering them to 5th place in the league two years in succession. He has got them off to a flyer this year as well with a draw at the midden and a good win at home against the Arabs.

I think Kilmarnock will will also be too strong for Motherwell who have done well in beating two of their contenders for demotion in Caley and St Mirren, but Kilmarnock will ask more questions of them and in my eyes will be too strong for the Steelmen.

Heart of Midlothian F.C. who are named after a dance hall, which was named after a book by sir Walter Scott, have had little to dance about since mad Vlad sacked George Burley. After a nightmare defeat against their biggest rivals Hibs in their opening game, they put in a good second half display against Aberdeen at Pittodrie to earn a draw. The visit of Gretna should be a game to get them off and running, as Gretna have lost eight goals in their opening two games and would seem to be struggling with the step up to the SPL. Hearts have bagged seven million pounds for Craig Gordon which may help them bring in some new players, but will more likely rehouse another fifteen Lithuanian refugees.

Hearts should win this one easily.

St Mirren get a visit to Love street from fellow struggler's Inverness Caley. This is probably the most difficult match to predict. Gus McPherson did well last year in keeping the Buddies up and must be happy Gretna have started so poorly.Even at this stage in the season this is a possible fight for survival.

I would think this will be two teams who are too frightened to lose and will fight out a boring draw.

Good preview mate - thanks for that...

Thanks Frankie i don't know if it should be on the Rangers chat but i put it there as it may open discussion on our league position.

Fine here mate...

If you're going to make it a regular thing, I'll post it on the main site once we regain our NewsNow status.

I don't mind doing it if it is wanted addition to the forum. It will help lazy people like me who don't get past the Rangers chat.:)

Would be excellent if it were a regular thing mate...

Just had the great news of us being put back on NewsNow so it will be more than worthwhile in terms of attracting a wide range of readers.

:)

Looks like a good preview of all the matches.

I would add Hibs inconsistency in previous seasons and the unconvincing manner of their victory over Gretna (at least in terms of falling 2 behind to the early relegation candidates) as a reason to predict at least a draw for Dundee utd.

Excellent read mate and infromative. I hadn't bothered checking all the fixtures for this weekend other than us and Celtic.

:thup:

Pete.... can your old hands put up with the strain of doing this regularly ?

Good preview and I think one which is worthwhile.

Cheeky.:uzi:

I get my secretary to type it out.;)

Sunday, 19 August 2007

Aberdeen------1-3----Celtic

(HT 1-0)

Brewster 24

----------------------Donati 61

----------------------Miller 85

----------------------Miller 90

Bookings:Aberdeen

Hart 83

Diamond 77

Bookings:Celtic

Donati 59

Wilson 69

McGeady 89

Saturday, 18 August 2007

Dundee Utd----- 0-0--------Hibernian

(HT 0-0)

Hearts-----1-1-----Gretna

(HT 0-0)

Driver 73------------Barr 79

Bookings:Hearts

Driver 90

Bookings:Gretna

Yantorno 43

Skelton 64

Deuchar 83

Barr 90

Motherwell------1-2------Kilmarnock

(HT 1-0)

Clarkson 23--------------Lilley 60, Dodds 90

Bookings:Motherwell

Quinn 55

Bookings:Kilmarnock

Hamill 41

Locke 67

Lilley 90

Rangers------7-2-------Falkirk

(HT 2-1)

Cousin 2-------\---------Riera 44

Whittaker 34----\--------Barrett 72

Cousin 54

Boyd 75

Darcheville 88

Darcheville 90

Broadfoot 90

Bookings:Hangers

McCulloch 52

Bookings:Falkirk

Riera 22

St Mirren------2-1------Inverness CT

(HT 1-0)

Miranda 19-------\-------Cowie 58

Corcoran 55

Bookings:St Mirren

Potter 79

-------------------P----GD-----PTS

1--Rangers--------3-----10-----9

2--Celtic----------3-----5------7

3--Hibernian-------3-----3------7

4--Kilmarnock------3-----2------7

5--Motherwell------3-----1------6

6--Dundee Utd-----3-----0------4

7--St Mirren-------3----(-2)----3

8--Falkirk----------3----(-4)-----3

9--Hearts----------3----(-1)-----2

10--Aberdeen------3-----(-3)----1

11--Gretna---------3-----(-6)----1

12--Inverness CT---3-----(-5)----0

The results this week went mostly our way with Motherwell and Hibs both dropping points. Unfortunately Aberdeen could not hold on to a 1-0 lead which kept Celtic unbeaten at Pittodrie for six seasons. We always live in hope!

Rangers ran up their biggest score since thumping St Mirren 7-1 in November 2000 winning 7-2 against a brave Falkirk team that lost their way in the end, once their heads went down.

All in all a good week for us