_____________________________________Time_____TV

Dundee United v Motherwell_____________15:00

Hearts v Falkirk________________________15:00

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT_______________15:00

Rangers v Hibernian____________________15:00

Sunday, 7 October 2007

Aberdeen v St Mirren____________________15:00

Gretna v Celtic_________________________15:00____**

Looking at the fixtures, we can see that it is Rangers who have the most difficult fixture again this weekend, with a visit to Ibrox of third placed Hibs. Hibs have been playing well of late with a win over Celtic at Easter Road the most noticeable result. Away from home they have mostly recorded draws with only a win at Tynecastle on day one giving them three points.

Rangers have yet to drop a point at Ibrox and their confidence will be sky high after Tuesdays 3-0 win in Lyon. Lets hope it is confidence and not complacency. If Rangers are going to be real title contenders then we have to take these matches in our stride.

Rangers should take the three points but it won�t be easy we will have to come out fighting from the start.

Rangers win.

Dundee United and Motherwell cross swords at Tannadice on Saturday. Motherwell are probably showing the best form in the SPL at the moment with a draw against Rangers last week, and a 4-1 win in the CIS cup against Hibs a few days earlier.

United had the chance to top the league a few weeks ago, but two defeats in their last two games see them in fourth place on the same points as Motherwell, with United having a better goal difference.

I fancy Motherwell to keep their good form going and get the win.

Motherwell win.

Hearts welcome Falkirk to Tynecastle and will be hoping that there recent run of form will continue against a Falkirk team that have lost their way this season. Hearts have in fact only beat Rangers at home this season with a loss to Hibs and a draw against Gretna the other scores.

If Falkirk are wanting to avoid a relegation fight then they must start to find the form that gave them so many plaudits last season.

I would think Hearts will come out on top on this one and continue to climb the league.

Hearts win.

Kilmarnock and Inverness meet at Rugby park and is in my eyes is the most difficult game to predict. Inverness have hit a vain of form winning their last two league games. Kilmarnock have been the strongest of the small teams for the last few years but they have been showing poor form of late, mostly lacking imagination to break down defenses. Apart from Hibs scoring four goals against Kilmarnock, they have been pretty solid at the back losing very few goals.

I feel this could be the goalless draw game of the week.

Draw

St Mirren go up to Pittodrie on Sunday to meet an Aberdeen team riding on a high after qualifying for the UEFA group stages. This also means since Aberdeen played on Thursday evening and having had a journey home from the Ukraine, they may have a degree of tiredness in their legs. If I was Gus McPherson I would tell my team to keep the tempo of the game high, in the hope that Aberdeen tire. St Mirren are hard to break down and with Aberdeen having heavy legs

I fancy another draw for this one as well.

Draw,

Celtic travel to fir park to take on bottom of the league Gretna and why Setanta have chosen this for their live game I will never know. Surely Rangers- Hibs or even Dundee united- Motherwell would be far better viewing, I suppose it is that Irish thing, Celtic are Also on a high after their win against AC Milan and will probably give some of their fringe players a place to rest other players. They may wait until they are a couple of goals up to make some changes though.

I don�t think even the most optimistic amongst us think Gretna can get anything from this game.

Celtic Win

Saturday, 6 October 2007

_____________________________________Time_____TV

Dundee United v Motherwell_____________15:00

Hearts v Falkirk________________________15:00

Kilmarnock v Inverness CT_______________15:00

Rangers v Hibernian____________________15:00

Sunday, 7 October 2007

Aberdeen v St Mirren____________________15:00

Gretna v Celtic_________________________15:00____**

Looking at the fixtures, we can see that it is Rangers who have the most difficult fixture again this weekend, with a visit to Ibrox of third placed Hibs.

Id have said Falkirk or Gretna or even Hibs would have had the most difficult fixture mate. Surely Gretna orFalkirk will find playing Celtic or Hearts more difficult than we find playing Hibs. And HIbs will find a trip to Ibrox more tricky than we find it hosting them

:)

Id have said Falkirk or Gretna or even Hibs would have had the most difficult fixture mate. Surely Gretna orFalkirk will find playing Celtic or Hearts more difficult than we find playing Hibs. And HIbs will find a trip to Ibrox more tricky than we find it hosting them

:)

Smartass!:)

I meant of course between us and the tims as i think at the end of the season they are the only contenders for the title.