Tiago Gomes,

rangers

Portsmouth's pursuit of �£2m-rated Portuguese wonderkid Tiago Gomes, also a Gers target, is being complicated by dual-ownership

Their boss Harry Redknapp is interested in the 22-year-old Estrela Amadora midfielder, but knows he cannot sign a player with third-party ownership under new Premiership rules.

The regulations were changed in the summer after Manchester United's purchase of Carlos Tevez - which was held up while West Ham and businessman Kia Joorabchan argued over contracts.

Redknapp has held talks with Gomes's club Estrela Amadora about a January move but Estrela own only half of his contract, with the other half owned by businessman Sergio Ferro.

Rangers and Juventus are also tracking the former Portuguese Under-21 ace, who did not play in this summer's championships in Holland.

Was it Fifa that changed the rules or just the FA?

FIFA created the "no more than 2 clubs in a year" rule and I think the FA said no 3rd party ownership after all the West Ham hassles.

So that would mean Scottish teams can sign a third-party ownership player.

I don't know if i would want to though,too many cooks as they say.

So that would mean Scottish teams can sign a third-party ownership player.

I don't know if i would want to though,too many cooks as they say.

Depends on whether or not the SPL have the same rules.

I don't think 3rd party ownership should cause too many problems IF you can get agreement on the fee with all parties. If you only get one side (that of the club) then you part-own the player along with the other remaining party - but the thingt o do is agree a fee with ALL parties. Makes it simple (or should)