Rangers (no) Travel Partner

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Despite having over 2 months to organise, it seems the Rangers Travel Partner has yet again been unable to provide a travel option for Rangers fans. It was announced today there will be no official flight to Lisbon for Rangers supporters to go and see the game. 

Sport Options, catering for all 5 remaining UK participants in the two Thursday Cups, have yet again managed to put on a flight at a reasonable price. Unfortunately for me, they (rightly) gave fans who travelled with them earlier in the season first dibs and the flight was filled within 15 minutes with hundreds more missing out. 

It is completely unacceptable for the club to align with a travel partner who cannot provide travel. I understand the last partner got binned for the very same reason but this new one seems equally incompetent. For fans who don’t want to spend 3 days in various airports zigzagging across Europe to get to the game the day trip or 1 night direct option is the only option, and while it is usually much more expensive that is the trade-off and you can make that choice. The club is normally not shy in making a buck out of the fans, and I can only imagine this scenario is costing the club money too.

In 2008 the Nithsdale Loyal RSC booked and ran a 240 seater plane at very little notice to Lisbon for our quarter final tie v Sporting en route to Manchester. It was our second charter of the season following another full flight to Barcelona for our CL game the previous autumn. Surely if a supporters club can arrange, administer and run a flight then these travel partners should be able to provide the same?

I've not done Euro trips for just under 15 years or so, basically due to personal reasons (I.e having my kids), so maybe not best placed to reply, but it seems things were better / easier under the old travel club? 

If you didn't get, or decided against using the TC, Sport Options were always a decent back-up plan. I did a fee independent trips as well, but like you say, spent more time airport hoping than anything else.

Major failure that the club can't appoint a partner that can provide travel to away European games. Nothing short of scandalous 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I've not done Euro trips for just under 15 years or so, basically due to personal reasons (I.e having my kids), so maybe not best placed to reply, but it seems things were better / easier under the old travel club? 

If you didn't get, or decided against using the TC, Sport Options were always a decent back-up plan. I did a fee independent trips as well, but like you say, spent more time airport hoping than anything else.

Major failure that the club can't appoint a partner that can provide travel to away European games. Nothing short of scandalous 

Reference the old Travel Club.

My wife and I did several trips under the auspices of the Rangers Travel Club - Athens, Zurich, Parma, Copenhagen, ........ etc. They were well organised and contained three or four options on standard of hotel, length of stay and, type of ticket. It was the Ticket Office staff that administered the travel club and provided an excellent service.

Why did Rangers change something that was working so well?

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Reference the old Travel Club.

My wife and I did several trips under the auspices of the Rangers Travel Club - Athens, Zurich, Parma, Copenhagen, ........ etc. They were well organised and contained three or four options on standard of hotel, length of stay and, type of ticket. It was the Ticket Office staff that administered the travel club and provided an excellent service.

Why did Rangers change something that was working so well?

Like you, couldn't fault the old Travel Club and The Ticket Centre staff who, as you say, provided an excellent service.

As for Rangers changing the TC to travel partner, its a great and valid question.