Fixtures-Saturday, 1 March 2008

-----------------------------Time--------TV

Hibernian v Celtic------------12:30------***

Falkirk v Motherwell----------15:00

Gretna v Dundee United------15:00

Inverness CT v Hearts--------15:00

Kilmarnock v St Mirren--------15:00

Rangers v Aberdeen----------15:00

To a certain extent the roles have been turned around as from Wednesday, with Rangers supporters looking for an Edinburgh club to do us a favour. Celtic make the journey to Easter road hoping to avenge their defeat there earlier in the season, thanks to two blunders by Boruc. Hibs have returned to form since Mixu Paatelainen took over the reigns. Easter road is always a difficult game and has been a nightmare for goalkeepers of late. Celtic will put the pressure on Rangers by moving to within one point if they win but will give us an extra reason to fight for the win if they drop some points. I am hoping for at least a draw here but a Hibs win would be fantastic.

Draw.

Motherwell have had a dip of late only picking up one point in their last two games against Hearts and Aberdeen. Falkirk lost to a rejuvenated Hibs on Wednesday so both teams will be looking to get back on track. I will take Motherwell to shade this one as i feel they can play as good in away games as at home and they have simply better players.

Motherwell win.

Gretna v Dundee UTD. Remember all those games ago Dundee United could have topped the league by beating Gretna. They failed then against a Gretna team that had hardly won a point. Gretna have been showing a bit of form recently losing to Rangers with a good performance and beating Kilmarnock 4-2 on Wednesday. Personally i think Gretna are the hungrier team at the moment and i think they will pull off another shock.

Gretna win.

Inverness get a visit from Hearts and this looks like the best draw on paper for me. I feel Inverness at home will be good enough to hold a Hearts team who have just sold their top goal scorer.I don't see Inverness strong enough to beat Hearts so that leaves the draw.

Draw.

Killie against StMirren is another of those games that could go either way depending on the teams that turn up. In the last two games Killie destroyed Aberdeen but got drubbed by Gretna. St Mirren were robbed of a point against Celtic and luckily took a point against Dundee Utd. I am going for the Mirren on this one

St Mirren win.

Hopefully with Rangers and Aberdeen both teams will run to form. Rangers have won their last ten games and Aberdeen have taken one point in eighteen.

If Rangers hit the form we did against hearts they can put our name on the SPL trophy but unfortunately until now this was together with the Celtic game at Ibrox, more of an incident than a regular happening. Aberdeen always step up a gear against us but hopefully we are starting to show the stuff champions are made of.

Rangers win.

-----------------------------Time--------TV

Hibernian v Celtic------------12:30------***

Falkirk v Motherwell----------15:00

Gretna v Dundee United------15:00

Inverness CT v Hearts--------15:00

Kilmarnock v St Mirren--------15:00

Rangers v Aberdeen----------15:00

I'll go:

Draw

Draw

Dundee Utd