Over the years i have been confused by the term ââ?¬Å?he isââ?¬Â or ââ?¬Å?he is notââ?¬Â Rangers class. I always wondered how that was measured? Are there fans who keep a count of every player, every move that playerââ?¬â?¢s make, sum it up and make a judgement?

Are you Rangers class when you pull on the royal blue jersey or do you grow into it?

According to most fans, most of the current team are not Rangers class, so wearing a royal blue shirt or European performances and achievements don�t seem to make you Rangers class.

Kris Boyd scores for fun so he must be Rangers class.. That�s it cracked I thought. scoring goals makes you Rangers class.

Well no!

Many supporters don�t rate Kris Boyd Rangers class at all, Mark Hately was judged Rangers class, but scored no where near the amount of goals per season that Kris Boyd does. So seemingly being Rangers class has nothing to do with scoring goals.

Bob Malcolm, would have died in action for the Rangers, but again it did not make him Rangers class So having a Rangers heart as big as a golf Umbrella does not make you Rangers class.

Not getting really anywhere near the answer I wanted, I thought I would look at it from the management side.. A manager must know if a player is Rangers class when he signs him. Then I thought, what if the manager is not Rangers class, will he know if a player is Rangers class or not?. Do we judge a manager on the amount of players in the team, who are Rangers class? That only produced more questions than answers.

If you ask most Rangers supporters, who in the last years had Rangers class, then Brian Luadrup will be on most supporters tongues. That is actually quite frightening. Brian hardly got a game for Fiorentina, AC Milan or Chelsea.

So how great is this Rangers class? If Brian Laudrup could not cut it in the top leagues then which Rangers player could do it now?

As it would now seem, Rangers class has evolved from the shadows of Italian football through the Austrian league�s and now reached the level of the SPL and English Championship.

Now the Question has to be, has Rangers class remained anchored to a level that no present player can ever hope to achieve or has the Rangers class bar been lowered?

Who is Rangers class in our present team?

To be honest I don�t really know..

It is a tricky one but Id say it is someone who isnt out of his depth playing for the club and is capable of steering the team to be a winning one (winning trophies). People may also say they need to have thay bit off quality off the park like Numan or Laudrup who are gentlemen but I cant agree with that as Goram and Gascoigne were as good as we have had and their social lifes are well publicised.

Your comment on Laudrup is a bit harsh. He did brilliantly in Germany before moving to Italy and was superb for Denmark at the highest level. Italy obviously didnt suit his game. He did ok for Chelsea but again they had a team full of Laudrups and had the rotation thing. London wasnt also the city for him.

Laudrup did great in Germany until he signed for Bayern. He really didn't cut it with a top club. Anyway that was not the point. When we speak of Rangers class in a modern world are we still hanging on to the beliefs we are a top team. Or as would seem Rangers class has hit the championship level.?

We should always be setting our standards as high as possible. Financially we are coming down to the level of the Championship, but most of that isnt our fault. But many of the Championship clubs are in huge debt - Coventry!

But player wise we can still unearth a better standard of players.

As an institution the Rangers are easily still a top club. On the playing field we are in a generation of fall back so the standard of player will drop.