English Premier League 08/09

There hasnt been massive activity in the transfer market here but this season seems its going to be as open as it ever has been.

It will be interesting to see how Scolari does at Chelsea. He has a winning mentality about him. Portsmouth have smade some good signings and they are first up at Stamford Bridge. I think Ballack will be player of the season, and with Deco, Joe Cole, Essien and possibly Lampard they will be too good.

Arsenal need 1 more signing and they could be unplayable at times but you have to wonder if they can last the pace.

Man Utd are full of winners and will be favourties. There wont be much between them and Chelsea again.

Liverpool need to make a challenge but I cant see them being strong enough. They have Torres who is awesome but they cant expect him to do it all. Gerrard is still there best player but only he and Torres would get into the Man Utd team - thats not enough good players to make a challenge.

The rest are a lottery. Spurs were expected to come on leaps and bounds with Ramos but they could lose Berbatov and keane which would be a nightmare for them.

Villa and Everton will be consistant again while Newcastle and Man City will have high expectations. I wonder how Paul Ince will do at Blackburn. He has signed Paul Robinson for 3.5 million which is a steal considering Scott Carson went to West Brom for 4 million.

Obviously I want West Ham to do well but with the above teams being strong plus Portsmouth, I cant see them being in the top 8. They have the capablity of being there but are never consistant enough.

I expect Stoke, Hull and West Brom to go straight back down. West Brom will have the best chance of staying up but the likes of Wigan, Sunderland. Bolton and Fulham are just a bit better.

You just get a feeling Chelsea could be a hit or a miss and whether Scolari will stay all season. If Roman Abramovic buggars off they would go bust. But if all goes well Id say they will win the league.

For me:

Chelsea

---------------

Man Utd

Arsenal

Liverpool

--------------

Aston villa

Tottenham

Everton

Newcastle

Man City

Portsmouth

West Ham

Blackburn

Middlesboro

Wigan

Fulham

Sunderland

Bolton

---------------

West Brom

Stoke

Hull

I think Man U will win it again unfortunately. Interesting to see how Scolari fares. Can't see Liverpool challenging for anything apart from a CL spot. I think Spurs could break into the 'big four' although that might depend on if they can hold onto Keane and Berba