Rangers striker Nacho Novo claims he has received death threats as part of the Old Firm rivalry and insists he could never play for Celtic.

Novo chose Rangers ahead of Celtic when he left Dundee in 2004 and according to the Spaniard, that has not been forgotten by the Parkhead fans.

He said: "Rivalry between the teams remains something more than sporting. I have even received death threats this year.

"I have seen on YouTube there is a video with a guy singing with his guitar that he hopes I die. That kind of thing has an impact on you.

Threatening

"In the four years I have been here, I have been through everything. Every time I face Celtic, the tyres of my car are punctured, the windows of my house are broken and I have been sent threatening letters. It is a pretty disagreeable situation."

Novo, quoted in the Mail on Sunday via a Spanish football magazine, added: "Rangers have treated me so well, the fans have become like a family to me.

"No matter how much money was put in front of me, I would never sign for Celtic."

Just a thought, but, does anyone else agree that the government and SPL should be looking more at this than getting their panties in a twist about some daft song?? Is this the kind of world we live in these days? where a song about tatties is more to worry about than a man being threatened with his life because of who he works for??

Rangers striker Nacho Novo claims he has received death threats as part of the Old Firm rivalry and insists he could never play for Celtic.

Novo chose Rangers ahead of Celtic when he left Dundee in 2004 and according to the Spaniard, that has not been forgotten by the Parkhead fans.

He said: "Rivalry between the teams remains something more than sporting. I have even received death threats this year.

"I have seen on YouTube there is a video with a guy singing with his guitar that he hopes I die. That kind of thing has an impact on you.

Threatening

"In the four years I have been here, I have been through everything. Every time I face Celtic, the tyres of my car are punctured, the windows of my house are broken and I have been sent threatening letters. It is a pretty disagreeable situation."

Novo, quoted in the Mail on Sunday via a Spanish football magazine, added: "Rangers have treated me so well, the fans have become like a family to me.

"No matter how much money was put in front of me, I would never sign for Celtic."

Just a thought, but, does anyone else agree that the government and SPL should be looking more at this than getting their panties in a twist about some daft song?? Is this the kind of world we live in these days? where a song about tatties is more to worry about than a man being threatened with his life because of who he works for??

Couldn't agree more. I wouldnt blame Nacho for quitting - it just shows why we love him so much. There must be some offence here- threatening behaviour?