Change the formation

Ok lads, plenty discussed after that nonsense. But for me the 4-4-2 isnt working due to WS selections.

Ive said it for years that the way Rangers should go is 3-5-2. I like 4-3-3 and would go with that also.

But my case for 3-5-2 is this:

1) We play 4 centre halves as it is anyway (Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Broadfoot)...why not lose 1 of them and add to a positon further up the park.

2) We still get 2 wide players in the team but they are attacking rather than full backs and we still have 3 central midfielders.

3) We still get Poacher Boyd in the team WITH another striker.

Im sorry but we are Rangers! And in Scotland we should fear nobody and have a go at everyone with our game plan!

_____________________McGregor___________________

_______Bougherra_______Weir________Papac_________

______________Davis____________Ferguson*_________

___Novo______________Mendes___________Beasley____

_________________Boyd_______Miller________________

*Thomson when fit / Edu until Ferguson match fit.

dont think its the formation mate, its the personell. Whitaker again ran around like a headless chicken, charlie adam had a 90 minute charlie moment, lafferty proved he is definately not a wide man on either wing and that darcheville just isnt good enough to play for Rangers. Also ferguson is struggling badly and should be no where near the team.

Smith seems to take critisism of his team selections personally and is cutting off his nose to spite his face by picking the same duds who cost us the league and ghot us knocked out of the CL qs by a pub team.

Our manager infuriates me with his tactical niavety and bewildering team selections. He seems hell bent on dragging us down to the gutter.

We are in dire straights and i cant see smith pulling us out of the whole were in. He doesnt have the gumption, knowhow or savvy to deal with the situation.

Ive said along that he should have walked after kuanas, and im afraid im being proved right. We critisise the players for being under achievers, but Smith is the biggerst one of all.

_______Bougherra_______Weir________Papac_________

*Thomson when fit / Edu until Ferguson match fit.

Sounds good to me Gribz. I like the idea a lot in fact. The only thing that might improve that line up is moving Bougherra to CB, putting KB on the right & sticking DW on the bench as cover. DW is past his best & needs replaced.

So my line up would be....

_______Broadfoot_______Bougherra________Papac_________

*Same as you said