RANGERS enjoyed the perfect weekend last week when their crushing 7-1 victory over Hamilton was followed the day after by title rivals Celtic dropping points to Hibs at Easter Road.

Kenny Miller celebrates his goal against HamiltonBut Kenny Miller insists any thoughts of the four point gap between the Old Firm being narrowed with the aid of other clubs is out of Rangers players' minds as they prepare for a tough trip to Tannadice this weekend.

A victory against Dundee United in the early kick off on Saturday would narrow the gap to a single point ahead of Celtic's meeting with Hearts at 3pm, but Miller says his side are concentrating only on their own fixtures.

He said: "Obviously it's a boost but we can only take care of our own games. The slip ups we've had are the reason we were seven points behind at one stage.

"We just have to keep winning games and if Celtic slip up that's a bonus for us. Last week it was the perfect weekend for us with seven goals and a good performance and then the result on Sunday was a big boost for us.

"It's another big weekend this week and if we can get the win in the early game it puts that wee bit of pressure on Celtic if the gap is down to a point."

Kenny MillerMiller knows that this is another crunch weekend as Rangers aim to pick up maximum points in the run up to the December 27 Old Firm meeting.

He said: "It's massive for us. There's no point in us winning 7-1 and seeing Celtic slip up if we don't then narrow the gap again.

"We've got Dundee Utd away and then Hibs at home and they don't come much tougher than that. We have to win those games to go in to the Old Firm game a maximum of four points behind.

"It's natural when you're in that position that you'll check what their result is to see if we've gained any ground but at the end of the day we can only look at ourselves and try to win games.

"If the opposition slips up then that's obviously a boost for us. For us the next game is always the toughest one, it doesn't matter where it is.

"Tomorrow's is a big game for us and we know we need to win these kind of games to go on the long winning runs you need to pick up titles."

Miller's contribution to that title bid has been to weigh in with 7 goals and help his strike partner Kris Boyd to notch another 16.

Their combination drew praise from the Gers No.9 who hailed Miller as his perfect front line foil, a feeling echoed by Miller.

Kenny Miller and Kris BoydHe added:"I think the way it's been going it's definitely getting better. It takes a bit of time to form a partnership but we spent some together with the national side and we get on well off the park.

"I think you're starting to see that on the pitch. It's been my most productive partnership, certainly over the last 6 or 7 games and there have been a lot of goals flying in - mostly for big Boydy!

"I'm enjoying my football and we're playing some cracking stuff at the moment. Myself and Boydy rely on service from the midfield and that's been fantastic this season."