By Andrew Dickson

MADJID BOUGHERRA reckons Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller are the best strike pair in the SPL.

The defender, who is winning his battle to be fit for Saturday's Old Firm clash with Celtic, has been hugely impressed by them since he signed for Rangers in the summer.

Kris Boyd celebrates his goal with Kenny MillerBoyd, of course, is the country's leading scorer with 18 goals and Miller has another seven to his credit, including two in the last derby four months ago.

As Gers prepare to meet their rivals at Ibrox again this weekend, Bougherra is confident having the deadly duo in his team can help the Light Blues to three points.

He said: "For me, I think they are the best forward pairing in the league. They are two very different strikers.

"One of them is running all the time and the other is a good finisher. That is fantastic and Boydy is scoring in nearly every game at the moment.

"When you are a defender, you are very confident that you'll win if you can keep a clean sheet because you have strikers like them in your side.

"We always have a chance of winning when Kris is in the team. He is a great penalty-box player.

"When you have someone like him in your team, you know your chances of scoring are very high.

"I like Boydy because a defender might look at him and think because he doesn't run as much that that's okay.Miller and Boyd celebrate the first goal

"Then they see how dangerous he is when he catches sight of goal and in the area, he is very hard to keep control of. He is fantastic every day in training and he is top class."

Bougherra rates Boyd so highly he has compared him to Eric Cantona - but only when he scores.

The way the ex-Kilmarnock hitman celebrates reminds his colleague of the Manchester United legend.

Bougherra added: "I can't think of anyone in particular I could compare him to as a player but I told him that when he scores he is like Cantona.

"Watch him the next time he scores and you will see what I mean. He postures just like him when he celebrates!"