Ferguson out for immediate future...

Damn, this one's a bit of a blow.

"PAUL Le Guen has confirmed Barry Ferguson will be missing through injury for the immediate future, while also remaining hopeful on the signing Paul Le Guenof Austria Vienna striker Filip Sebo.

Reports this morning claimed Fergie would be out for the next five weeks with a heel problem and although he will be sidelined, the manager could not put an exact timescale on his absence.

That now means the skipper, as well as Ian Murray (virus), Chris Burke (ankle) and Kris Boyd (suspension) are all unavailable for this weekend's game at Fir Park.

But despite these setbacks, Le Guen remains upbeat ahead of his first SPL match in charge.

Le Guen said: "I am excited about the match because it is an important game. There is nothing like competitive action.

"Of course I am very disappointed for Barry and for the team. It's not good for us but we have to get on with things.

"We must go with the medical advice and be guided by them. We need to see how he responds to treatment and take it from there.

"It is not the same injury that was operated on earlier in the summer, it is different."

Frankly we could do with a spot of better luck going into Sunday's game. Obviously I expect us to win, but it's worrying that 2 of our first team regulars are currently injured.

Just our luck, you would think that with Clement being brought in we would be able to see Fergie do what we love to see him do.... have freedom to make forward runs.

Now we have to wait on that happening. :mad:

He is a loss to the side but i have no doubts in our abilities to handle player injuries and still win games.

To be fair Hemdani has had a good pre-season and is capable of filling in in general in Barry's absence. But he's not exactly a leader and I wonder if he'll be up to the sheer pace of matches like Sunday's. He's not a strong player although he is a good passer.

I agree, i think in most of the games i saw him and Barry play in last season, he was the one who completed most passes.

I havent been able to see any of the pre-season games so far so i dunno how he's playing, glad he's looking capable of filling the boots though as you say...

Not sure about Hemdani, but I think we have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. If he is similar to Clement, I think I'd rather give the nod to Gavin Rae in the middle with Clement, Adam on the left and Sionko on the right.