Instead of having a number of fans having a mutual back slapping exercise at how right they are that they've predicted the apocalypse.

With respect, I've heard this sort of thing a few times since joining this board and it's nothing more than a myth, this notion that the anti-Smith brigade get some sort of smug satisfaction from seeing Rangers get beat. Nothing could be further from the truth. The anti-Smith brigade are anti-Smith for no other reason than they want Rangers to be more successful than they are at present. It's far easier to label somebody as some sort of crank than try and work out why they hold the sentiments they do.

With respect, I've heard this sort of thing a few times since joining this board and it's nothing more than a myth, this notion that the anti-Smith brigade get some sort of smug satisfaction from seeing Rangers get beat. Nothing could be further from the truth. The anti-Smith brigade are anti-Smith for no other reason than they want Rangers to be more successful than they are at present. It's far easier to label somebody as some sort of crank than try and work out why they hold the sentiments they do.

That's not what I meant.

It is like a form of social conformity though. Extreme negativity when Rangers are not on top is what is expected so many people exagerate our plight to fit in with the common consensus.

I don't even think it's done consciously. It's just a subconscious phenomenon of fitting in.

Obviously there are things that are and have been done badly. But what Calscot has said, and what I agree with, is that you don't have to be 100% negative or positive. You can see and discuss the bad things as well as the good.

No offence meant or any insinuations of anyone being a crank. :thup:

Edited by Super_Ally

No worries. I don't think anyone's 100% negative or positive - as far as the players are concerned, most of my posts are pretty supportive (or they were until Wednesday). Smith's just one part of the club, albeit a big part.

No worries. I don't think anyone's 100% negative or positive - as far as the players are concerned, most of my posts are pretty supportive (or they were until Wednesday). Smith's just one part of the club, albeit a big part.

:thup:

I don't think it's all that bad most the time (in terms of negativity).

And obviously after yesterday there is going to be a lot of critical posts. We wouldn't be the club we are if people were to meekly accept that.

:rfc:

I think what Jon's tired of, is the constant sarcastic Walter sniping. It's tedious, unnecessary and lowers the level of debate.

Just what does, "But don't dare criticise Walter" mean and what are you trying to achieve by it? It has absolutely NO relevance to any post or debate on here as no-one has ever asserted that sentiment.

I really wish we could get back to proper, reasoned, open debate that made this site stand out from the crowd.

I think your completely free to do so. The fact is that no one does more to perpetuate posts about Smith than you. Mirror mirror on the wall.......:)