League Priority now for the Double!!!

McLeish also didnt have the luxury of the spending power Smith has been given.

Indeed he didn't although the list of players above shows he did inherit a few. I don't know how much Eck actually spent but it couldn't have been much. He did bring some awful trash to the club though.

Indeed he didn't although the list of players above shows he did inherit a few. I don't know how much Eck actually spent but it couldn't have been much. He did bring some awful trash to the club though.

True that he inherited a few good players so that should be taken into account, I think it was calscot that mentioned that very fact a couple of weeks ago. However, that group of players were underperforming under Advocaat so Eck should at least get some credit for turning them around.

I think Eck was a net income contributor to the club rather than net spender.

He did bring some trash to the club but there also was a fair amount of mitigation in that he was being forced to deal in the garbage can of Bosman's, usually in the last couple of days of the window and usually as one of his more important squad members were sold or let go.

True that he inherited a few good players so that should be taken into account, I think it was calscot that mentioned that very fact a couple of weeks ago. However, that group of players were underperforming under Advocaat so Eck should at least get some credit for turning them around.

I think Eck was a net income contributor to the club rather than net spender.

He did bring some trash to the club but there also was a fair amount of mitigation in that he was being forced to deal in the garbage can of Bosman's, usually in the last couple of days of the window and usually as one of his more important squad members were sold or let go.

I agree with you and I won't be found condemning McLeish. He can hold his head up and point to a treble and four other trophies during a period when celtic had a lot better team than the one Smith is up against.

i hope im wrong here, but if the right money comes in bougerra will not be in a rangers jersey next season and thats after rangers have taken our money on season ticket renewals!!! :(

Not my bloody money they won't. We're heading down the toilet this summer and I'm damned if I'll be contributing to it.

You're undoubtedly right about Boogie though and it's a damned shame good players like him never see a second year at Ibrox.