RSA/RST meeting with the club?

Following an exchange of correspondence between the Trust and the Rangers Chief Executive, a meeting was arranged to discuss relationships between Rangers FC, the Rangers Supporters’ Trust and the Assembly, and the broader subject of the Club’s relationship and engagement with the support.

This meeting took place on Friday 20 March at Murray Park: Sir David Murray, Martin Bain and Walter Smith represented the Club, Trust Chair Stephen Smith and Trust Assembly Delegate Mark Dingwall represented the RST, along with Assembly President Andy Kerr and Vice-President Ross Blyth.

As this was not a formal business meeting there was no set agenda. The meeting was constructive, frank and positive and subjects discussed included: club finances; season tickets; supporter representation on the club board; youth development; PR and media; history, culture and politics; and support for the team on the pitch.

Key discussion points included:

The club’s need to bear down on debt and operational costs;

The club recognising the value of season tickets and considering incentives to purchase;.

The election of a director by supporters, as outlined in previous submissions;

Shifting the anti-Rangers culture in the Scottish media and reviewing PR and media operations;

Positive promotion of history and culture;

Problems with recruitment and retention of players, particularly competition from cash-rich English clubs;

Issues around youth development and retaining talented younger players;

Channels and methods of communication between Club, Trust and Assembly.

All parties agreed that relationships could usefully be improved and identified areas for further discussion. The Trust and Assembly will continue to work together on key issues, whilst the Trust is clear that it will continue to raise issues directly with the Club when necessary.

Everyone present recognised the importance of Rangers winning the Title and securing entry into the Champions’ League and supporters’ representatives were asked to draw up ideas and proposals to maximise support for Rangers in the drive for the Championship. Trust members who have ideas on how to do this interested are invited to make suggestions via: stephenRST@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

It was agreed that a further meeting would take place shortly, and Trust representatives will of course provide a report of this meeting to our members.

Contents of an email from RST.

Pretty sure my membership should have expired. :confused:

I assume they are sending the email to their whole database - as opposed to just current members.

I guess that can be seen as a positive or a negative depending on your idea of value for money... ;)

Got that in an e-mail today. The RST, while a noble concept, really is a busted flush and after reading that I'm glad they aren't receiving any more of my cash. Lost interest after "key discussion point" 2 re. season tickets. The RST have nothing of interest to say to me and they certainly don't represent me. No doubt they'll still count me when asked their membership figure :rolleyes:

It has been 9 months since the last meeting the RST had with the club (no full report then either in late June 2008) and while progress was always frustratingly slow, it really does appear to have ground to a halt now though...

As a former member (but still interested in the concept) I'm a bit puzzled as to the direction they are going. They seem to change strategy on a month by month basis nowadays.

Extremely disappointing.

Got that in an e-mail today. The RST, while a noble concept, really is a busted flush and after reading that I'm glad they aren't receiving any more of my cash. Lost interest after "key discussion point" 2 re. season tickets. The RST have nothing of interest to say to me and they certainly don't represent me. No doubt they'll still count me when asked their membership figure :rolleyes:

Me and you both.

Their "minutes" of the meeting should have read:

Met on the 20th March and discussed Rangers FC.

Didn't really give much else away.

It has been 9 months since the last meeting the RST had with the club (no full report then either in late June 2008) and while progress was always frustratingly slow, it really does appear to have ground to a halt now though...

As a former member (but still interested in the concept) I'm a bit puzzled as to the direction they are going. They seem to change strategy on a month by month basis nowadays.

Extremely disappointing.

RST = Petty political games and self-advancement. Their appeasement of our custodian is disgusting.

Like I say S_A, I can understand the need for confidentiality in some matters. Some won't agree with it and that's is equally understandable.

However, that is two meetings in 9 months with next to no concrete information or results on what the Trust is doing with the content.

Like I say S_A, I can understand the need for confidentiality in some matters. Some won't agree with it and that's is equally understandable.

However, that is two meetings in 9 months with next to no concrete information or results on what the Trust is doing with the content.

I actually agreed with your and BD's pov's earlier in the thread even if I didn't post at the time.

However never have I seen so many words say so little. It all seems pointless. Especially when the RST no longer appears to have the noble aims it once did and now merely looks like a vehicle for one fan to enhance his own aims using the previous excellent work of the RST which he is now undoing.

Of course I may be wrong in the above but how would I know, they don't tell you anything. I decided I wouldn't renew after the furore that occurred and day by day i'm happier with my choice.

However never have I seen so many words say so little. It all seems pointless.

Yeah. It seems strange to detail what was discussed, but absolutely none of the conclusions or outcomes, yet they are happy to chat about it on a thread on a website.

There's many RST members who are not members of that website, and while they could email the RST directly to find out, but they shouldn't have to.

Saying that, it's better than the Assembly, who make absolutely no mention of it on their website. :rolleyes: