The Big Match revisited 1979

I watched this mornings episode of the Big Match revisited and was pleasantly suprised to find the 1979 Scotttish League Cup Final between Aberdeen and Rangers on this.

I wont give away the result but you wont be let down should you decide to watch it as it is a controversial match and is quite exciting.

It is on ITV4 at 4.05pm this afternoon.

It's on every thursday at 11.30am too and contains a lot of old matches from 30 years ago on the day.

The other match that is on this edition is the 1979 F.A Cup semi final between Liverpool and Man Utd played at Maine Road Manchester.

Enjoy:cheers:

I watched this too and experienced a similar pleasant surprise.

Did you note the state of the Maine Road pitch? Honestly, Ibrox was usually in a similar state after December.

Reference the 1978 League Cup final, it remended me why I loved wee Doddy.

Good on ye mate.

Do you think big Derek Johnstone got Doug Rougvie sent off by "acting", or do you think Rougvie chinned him?

The Aberdeen goalie Bobby Clark said Rougvie swore blind he never touched Johnstone. But he had a reputation that preceded him, and if he didnt then it was of his own making as he was the Vinnie Jones of his time.:box::box::box: