What happens after that.

It can be argued that McGregor may not get his place back, Barry is fortunate there is a lack of competition.

And when they play again, will we see the kind of boost in performance that only Burley seems to be able to inspire within a Scottish Rangers player? :whistle:

I think the media furore forced Rangers hand in this instance. I think that, although it was an international incident, Rangers had to be seen to be taking action. It does bring the club into disrepute too.

They will only miss two matches, right ? This weekend and the following weekend - the two week ban expires on Thursday April 17th. Technically they will then be available for selection, but will they be ?

In McGregor's case it will depend on how Alexander does between the sticks but, unlike the last stint Alexander had, I can see WS sticking with Alexander until he makes a mistake.

Ferguson, as you say, doesn't have the competition. What worries me is that in his statement, WS said that we have Edu and Lee McCulloch to call upon but not once suggested that Davis could be pulled inside into his natural position.

If McCulloch gets the nod then, after the 2 week ban, I would have no hesitation in bringing Ferguson back in.

I think the media furore forced Rangers hand in this instance. I think that, although it was an international incident, Rangers had to be seen to be taking action. It does bring the club into disrepute too.

They will only miss two matches, right ? This weekend and the following weekend - the two week ban expires on Thursday April 17th. Technically they will then be available for selection, but will they be ?

In McGregor's case it will depend on how Alexander does between the sticks but, unlike the last stint Alexander had, I can see WS sticking with Alexander until he makes a mistake.

Ferguson, as you say, doesn't have the competition. What worries me is that in his statement, WS said that we have Edu and Lee McCulloch to call upon but not once suggested that Davis could be pulled inside into his natural position.

If McCulloch gets the nod then, after the 2 week ban, I would have no hesitation in bringing Ferguson back in.

Don't disagree the club had to be seen to act and were quite right to act. Just worried how it affects the title challenge.

As you allude to, I think the best option is to pull Davis inside, though who then plays wide right?

Fergie and McGregor have made a difficult position (the league campaign) even worse.

I don't agree with that. I'd rather see Ferguson squirm, plead and made to work hard in training for his 1st team place back rather than walk straight back in which will probably happen.

I don't agree with that. I'd rather see Ferguson squirm, plead and made to work hard in training for his 1st team place back rather than walk straight back in which will probably happen.

I'm inclined to agree with you Gav. But depends if it is McCulloch who replaces him and how he gets on. :confused:

My point is though Gav, that if it comes to seeing either McCulloch or Ferguson at CM then I would let Ferguson straight back in - McCulloch isnt a good player in his NATURAL position (whatever that is.....) so to have him in the engine room hurts our title chances.

I agree with you though - Ferguson should be made to squirm and prove he wants it. But would you really prefer to persevere with LM in there ?????

Yip, I understand fully what you're saying Craig but if it means changing Fergies mentality ie 'I'm the man' for the better then I'm all for keeping him out the team and playing LM or Edu.

Yip, I understand fully what you're saying Craig but if it means changing Fergies mentality ie 'I'm the man' for the better then I'm all for keeping him out the team and playing LM or Edu.

Fair enough. Very unfortunate for us though is that it is at such a critical stage of the season !