BJK-Borrowed From Another Site

I'm not trying to say whether I agree with the campaign or not.

Nor necessarily state that everyone partakes in singing BJK etc because of the reasons I give.

I'm just saying, to some extent, I can kind of see why some Rangers fans are "lashing out" as they are. It's not that they are revelling in Celtic's sordid past. But as BD states, we're always getting the shitty end of the stick with no avenues to fight back and perhaps this one way of for once having the blame more favourably apportioned.

Hope that makes sense.

Essentially I believe many take part because we are hammered for every minor indiscretion, whereas Celtic's are continually swept under the rug. I guess many think that the media, Celtic and other fans cannot ignore the harbouring of Paedophiles in the same way that they look to hide their bigotry under a banner of "politics".

Personally I dont see how the blame gets more evenly apportioned in this instance. Gers fans are being lambasted all over the place. Our retort ? To resort to petty, distasteful name calling of probably the best Scottish manager who ever lived (regardless of his affiliations) and one who was adored, for the most part, as national team coach too.

So you think that singing these tunes and having BJK banners will apportion some blame over to Jock Stein and CFC ?

Personally I think that all it does it put another cloud over US and Rangers. It is glorifying, in a sense, paedophilia. And that is crass. It is also shameful as it brings up terrible memories for the victims. Sorry but I find that cringe-worthy and abhorrent. Whether BJK or not, those victims and families of Torbett do not deserve to be dragged through it all again just for "one-upmanship".

I find the whole campaign more than distasteful - I find it shameful on our part.

Personally I dont see how the blame gets more evenly apportioned in this instance. Gers fans are being lambasted all over the place. Our retort ? To resort to petty, distasteful name calling of probably the best Scottish manager who ever lived (regardless of his affiliations) and one who was adored, for the most part, as national team coach too.

So you think that singing these tunes and having BJK banners will apportion some blame over to Jock Stein and CFC ?

Personally I think that all it does it put another cloud over US and Rangers. It is glorifying, in a sense, paedophilia. And that is crass. It is also shameful as it brings up terrible memories for the victims. Sorry but I find that cringe-worthy and abhorrent. Whether BJK or not, those victims and families of Torbett do not deserve to be dragged through it all again just for "one-upmanship".

I find the whole campaign more than distasteful - I find it shameful on our part.

DO I think it will achieve their aims. No. (Even if they were in the right morally speaking, the media etc aren't interested in that.)

Just because the fans thinking is flawed does not mean that that is not necessarily the motive behind their actions.

DO I think it will achieve their aims. No. (Even if they were in the right morally speaking, the media etc aren't interested in that.)

Just because the fans thinking is flawed does not mean that that is not necessarily the motive behind their actions.

I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular S_A. I merely was giving my opinion on how I see the "campaign".

But the notion of flawed thinking and motive doesn't necessarily wash with me. If someone commits a murder because of flawed thinking but doesn't have a motive it is still murder. Regardless of motive in this instance those who are publicising the "campaign" are, in my opinion, tainting RANGERS and not Celtic, which in itself seems very ironic - in trying to taint Celtic they are tainting their own club and I don't actually see too much tainting of Celtic either.

One thing to bear in mind is that the "perpetrators" (being Jock Stein, the Kelly's etc) are no longer running the club or at least not the public face and, obviously, in Jock Stein's case passed away - so is the "campaign" really serving its purpose when those involved are no longer involved in the day to day of Celtic. I could be wrong but I dont think any of them are still involved, are they ?

Personally I find it all cringe-worthy, but each to their own.

I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular S_A. I merely was giving my opinion on how I see the "campaign".

But the notion of flawed thinking and motive doesn't necessarily wash with me. If someone commits a murder because of flawed thinking but doesn't have a motive it is still murder. Regardless of motive in this instance those who are publicising the "campaign" are, in my opinion, tainting RANGERS and not Celtic, which in itself seems very ironic - in trying to taint Celtic they are tainting their own club and I don't actually see too much tainting of Celtic either.

One thing to bear in mind is that the "perpetrators" (being Jock Stein, the Kelly's etc) are no longer running the club or at least not the public face and, obviously, in Jock Stein's case passed away - so is the "campaign" really serving its purpose when those involved are no longer involved in the day to day of Celtic. I could be wrong but I dont think any of them are still involved, are they ?

Personally I find it all cringe-worthy, but each to their own.

I guess i've been (inadequately) attempting to play devil's advocate.

For what it's worth has the campaign more or less not died a death anyway? It doesn't seem anywhere near as prevalent and i'm not even sure if it can any longer be described as a "campaign".

I dont really indulge in the BJK stuff anymore, but then i'm not able to attend games as freely as before.

I don't really have too big a problem with it personally. He did know. They did cover it up. If the mopes are going to go around slinging mud then they're going to the people they are attacking digging up the skeletons in their closet. (If a rapist/paedophile./murderer went around attacking a guy for saying something offensive how do you think said person might respond? In kind perhaps and with indignation at the person throwing the accusations). It may not be the smartest way to fight. But as i've said before many of the people doing this don't really have any way to defend themselves against the constant, unfair and unsubstantiated attacks against them.

The whole thing kicked off in response to attempts to get Stein knighted posthumously.