Compare and contrast - Lennon v Lafferty

23 August 2004

Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon will escape disciplinary action despite accusations he overreacted to get Juanjo sent off at Pittodrie.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle forward Barry Wilson claimed that Lennon had cheated during Celtic's 3-1 victory.

But Scottish FA head of refereeing and discipline Drew Herbertson said: "We will not be taking any further action.

"The matter will not be taken forward and will not be the subject of a referral to the review panel."

There had been suggestions that video footage could have used to take action against Lennon that would see him ruled out of Sunday's first Old Firm derby of the season against Rangers.

Celtic manager Martin O'Neill had told BBC Scotland that Lennon claimed he was headbutted by Inverness winger Juanjo before the Spaniard was sent-off.

"I genuinely didn't see it, but it looks like it was the fourth official who saw the incident," said O'Neill.

"I can only go by what Neil has said and he told me that the guy came in late and then he was headbutted.

"I haven't seen the pictures yet. But, if people are guilty, they have to face the consequences."

Inverness are to appeal against Juanjo's red card.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3588932.stm

Aye,it's amazing how the MOPES want Lafferty BANNED from football for life,never kick a ball again,yet the wee chunt Lennons....................'' well it was a head butt '', my arse, at least Lafferty has the balls to own up to his mistake, he is only 21 and will have learned a harsh lesson