I'll beat Chick Young to this one..

Mixu Paatelainen today announced his decision to leave his post as Manager of Hibernian Football Club.

Mixu said: ââ?¬Å?I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as Manager of Hibernian Football Club. We have travelled a journey together and the Club will always hold a special place in my heart.

ââ?¬Å?However, there comes a time when a change of direction is best for both parties. I thank the Club and the players and coaching staff for their commitment and talent and I wish the supporters everything that they would wish themselves.ââ?¬Â

Club Chairman Rod Petrie said: ââ?¬Å?Mixu has been a whole-hearted and committed Manager and we are all sorry to see him go. However, we respect his decision. Mixu is held in the highest regard by everyone connected with the Club and we wish him well for the future.ââ?¬Â

Next Celtic Manager?

:giruy:

Looks like it's between yourself and Beattie for the wee eejits job!

Thought you were at the wind up (re: mixu quiting) til Chic confirmed it.

Quite suprised at this one.

Is it an attribute of Scottish football fans that we expect more than we have a right too? :eek:

As with Celtic I believe HIbs have serious problems shifting season books... I suspect Mixu may have been pushed rather than jumped.

Yogi looks the likely replacement but maybe John Collins could be tempted back.

As with Celtic I believe HIbs have serious problems shifting season books... I suspect Mixu may have been pushed rather than jumped.

Yogi looks the likely replacement but maybe John Collins could be tempted back.

Had no idea about that regarding hibs.

Was only messing with my previous comment and was a bit of a jibe at Celtic and Aberdeen fans.

Collins was not a popular choice with players before though was he? Too busy showing them why he could be on the cover of Men's Health rather than trying to help them win football matches. Had a bad attitude and his priorities all wrong.

I like Yogi. :whistle: But not sure he's cut out for a higher level.

I think being the Hibs manager is like being the manager of Newcastle. Am I correct in saying Hibs best home attendeances were when the were relegated, for a season.If so was it because the fans were getting right behind them in times of trouble or because they were winning. The point being would the league be more competative and better attended if Us and them were out of the picture.