Benzema to Madrid -35m, That's 1/4 Billion Euros now!

Just watching this unfold on Sky Sports News. Apparantley Madrid have a credit line of ââ??¬800m and are hoping to offfset some of their incredible spending by raising ââ??¬90m through sales of current players.

I can't see that happening if they're only managing to get �£4.5m for for possibly the best "wee nippy" striker about, Javier Saviola.

SSN also saying that Manure had agreed a deal with Lyon for Benzema when Madrid came in and offered a, ahem, paltry ââ??¬6m more. Strange to think Manure couldn't match that with the Ronaldo money now in the bank.

I dont think it is that strange that Man U couldnt match it. I reckon they could. BUT.... Man U probably have their own valuations on players and simply wouldnt get into a pissing match with Madrid.

Madrid..... watch this space.... big club set to go bankrupt. In the current climate an 800 mill credit line is ridiculous.

I dont think it is that strange that Man U couldnt match it. I reckon they could. BUT.... Man U probably have their own valuations on players and simply wouldnt get into a pissing match with Madrid.

That was my initial thought too.

Then I remembered that Benzema has reputedly said he would prefer to go to Manu (said maybe a year ago when he was linked with the sides). So perhaps Man U didn't match Real's bid as they knew he wouldn't pick them and it would look even worse if another player chose Real over Man U.

Not sure about that though and probably go with what you suggest above.

I still think Barca are better organised and have a better team. Madrid have proved time and time again that world class individuals dont bring you success. Only with Zidane who is a top 5 player of all time made a difference to them in 2002.

It will be closer and interesting this year though as they have signed Ronaldo and Kaka who are 2 of the best 3 players at the moment.

Henry, Messi, Eto (if he stays) v Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema - Thats a poll i think!