Inefficiency of football disciplinary panels *Warning contains egg chasing reference*

Not Rangers chat, but could relate to us.

After the 2nd Lions both Schalk (sp) Burger and Bakkies Botha got cited for two different incidents.

Very early in the week (Mon or Tues I forget) both were given suspensions from a panel meeting in Pretoria. Burger got an 8 week ban for gouging and Botha got a 2 week ban for an illegal charge on Ryan Jones at a ruck that resulted in a dislocated shoulder for Jones and the Welsh prop (who was neutralising "The Beast" in the scrum. Smit had destroyed Vickery in the first test so maybe the 'Boks knew exactly what they were doing here) will miss the final test.

Anyway, whilst Burger had no chance with an appeal (he was lucky to get off so light in the first place) Botha appealed his suspension. Today (thursday, just 5 days after the incident) his appeal was rejected.

The IRB had managed to review the game, decide on and implement suspensions and then also review and rule on an appeal in 5 days.

Yet in football teams can manipulate the disciplinary committee's, appealing a red card to allow players to play the next match and perhaps miss an easier one.

It's a nonsene. Why is there so much beauracratic inefficiency in football compared to say Rugby?

*I know this isn't Rangers chat but if it went in the lounge some posters may not see it and it seems to be a recurring issue in the SPL and so relates to Rangers*

South Africa are a disgusting rugby team. Nothing against the people, fans or country, but last Saturday was by no means the first time the Springboks have darkened what is a great game.

Agree with your overall point, rugby certainly seems to be run far better than football in this country.

You really must put a warning on the title of the thread if in the Rangers chat section to suggest that you are going to be talking about egg-chasing.

Gave an audible "uugghh" when I started to read a thread I thought was going to be about the scum players getting done for their antics in the run-in, and found you started talking about Lions and citing.

Booooo.

But seeing as I quite often agree with your views, I forced myself to stay awake whilst reading the rugger parts to get to your point, which is valid and "almost" worth opening the thread for!!

You really must put a warning on the title of the thread if in the Rangers chat section to suggest that you are going to be talking about egg-chasing.

Gave an audible "uugghh" when I started to read a thread I thought was going to be about the scum players getting done for their antics in the run-in, and found you started talking about Lions and citing.

Booooo.

But seeing as I quite often agree with your views, I forced myself to stay awake whilst reading the rugger parts to get to your point, which is valid and "almost" worth opening the thread for!!

Lol, I know i'm breaking rules here, but I think most will see how it relates to us in terms of manipulation of the appeals process. Something that is taken advantage of in England as well I think.

Lol, I know i'm breaking rules here, but I think most will see how it relates to us in terms of manipulation of the appeals process. Something that is taken advantage of in England as well I think.

For the most part true..... but would we have scored our 1st at Tannadice without Lafferty ?

Now, I know that it is slightly different as there is no appeal as such in place there - but the inefficiency relates to the time taken to take what should be an easy decision in most cases.

Lafferty should (and will) be banned - but we got the benefit of him playing on that memorable day just a few short weeks ago - we may not have won that day without him, who knows ? So I shan't be complaining (although, must be said..... Celtic had Loovens score against Utd at CP when he too should have been banned for his assault on Edu, so it does work both ways)

On the whole though I agree with your point - it is buraeucratic red tape at its finest.

It shows the utter weakness of Football governing bodies. Lay the letter of the law. Referee's can get it wrong they are human... but if it is proven a player didn't do something then cards should be dropped. But if a player is seen to cheat then he should be punished.

Football is being led by a old boys club and the sooner some fresh ideas - goal line technology, 4th official help for the ref. Huge punishments for players who cheat, argue, bully the officials.

The game is at its weakest, money rules... and it will go to the dogs if some tough measures are not brought in...