I dont see how moving to Birmingham is such a big deal for these players on huge money. There are tens of 1000s of Scots who have made the move down south and its a 1 hour plane journey and depending on where you stay it can be a 2-8 hour drive. In BFs case, brum to Glasgow wont take longer than 5 hours but im sure he can afford the 1 hour flight. So the homesick argument shouldnt play a part.

Ferguson is 7 years older (not sure if wiser would have been the right word) than when he moved to blackburn and has the experience of a move so I cant see what would be holding him back. He and his wife should know this is his last bumper pay day as a footballer so should be grabbing it with 2 hands.

It is no big deal, but try dragging the wife away from her family.

Been down here 26 years, and believe me, women are funny creatures [joke]:whistle:

I dont see how moving to Birmingham is such a big deal for these players on huge money. There are tens of 1000s of Scots who have made the move down south and its a 1 hour plane journey and depending on where you stay it can be a 2-8 hour drive. In BFs case, brum to Glasgow wont take longer than 5 hours but im sure he can afford the 1 hour flight. So the homesick argument shouldnt play a part.

Ferguson is 7 years older (not sure if wiser would have been the right word) than when he moved to blackburn and has the experience of a move so I cant see what would be holding him back. He and his wife should know this is his last bumper pay day as a footballer so should be grabbing it with 2 hands.

I don't necessarily agree with that tbh. I've lived in England and it was a 5 hour drive for me and personally I was totally fine with that, and I would live down south again.

But it does amaze me how people shunt their KIDS around the place; some footballers moving every year or two. I know they can afford good education but kids need stability too and some of them can't really get the chance to build friendships etc. Having said that, living in great places, big cities etc can be an influential experience for children and can open their eyes to the world so that's a plus point.

Basically I think it's all down to the individuals and its not fair to judge either way.