ESPN/SKY win TV right

Well the bright chairmen of our fellow clubs have once again put self interest and shorttermism against the best interessts of the scottish game , this is truly an awful decision and one that will I am certain have serious repercussions on playing squads all across the country, what a truly depressing day never in my worst nightmares did I seriously believe they would vote for this.

sorry just about to do a complete 180degree , if what has been reported on the spl's official site is correct then it's actually a good deal , �£65 over 3 years is a hell of a lot better than �£65 over 5 , so not too shabby after all

Edited by rbr

Well the bright chairmen of our fellow clubs have once again put self interest and shorttermism against the best interessts of the scottish game , this is truly an awful decision and one that will I am certain have serious repercussions on playing squads all across the country, what a truly depressing day never in my worst nightmares did I seriously believe they would vote for this

Why mate, whats the problem?

Why mate, whats the problem?

If you thought we had problems before then wait to see what will come if this is true , the bbc are changing their report almost by the minute , sky are reporting it as a 3 year deal at �£65 million which is basically what we were getting , but if it is over the 5 years that's another player or �£1.6 million that will have to be found from somewhere

If you thought we had problems before then wait to see what will come if this is true , the bbc are changing their report almost by the minute , sky are reporting it as a 3 year deal at �£65 million which is basically what we were getting , but if it is over the 5 years that's another player or �£1.6 million that will have to be found from somewhere

Everywhere its being reported as a 3 year deal mate, specifically to the end of 2011/12.

Last week SDM was greetin that our money had gone from �£4m to �£3m to �£2m as per the offer from Sky/ESPN of �£65m over 5 years. If so, RFC and Celtic were sharing approx 30-33% of the entire deal.

If thats true, Rangers will now be receiving at least 15% of the annual �£22m which is about �£3.4 - �£3.6m range which considering where we were last week and where we've been is not to bad a turnaround imo. Plus we now have 2 professional partners.

Speculating here but, we possibly have a greater share now seeing as it seems that the threat of the OF going it alone has secured the new deal. In return I'd imagine we might have asked for a bigger cut from the smaller clubs seeing as we just hiked the price up.

As I posted the other day; if Sky/ESPN wanted the SPL, they'd be back. And thats exactly what's happened.

this story is changing every bloody hour , does anyone actually know what the deal is , one minute it's over three years the next over five with a two year opt out , opting out exactly where !!!! so is it �£13million or just under �£22 million per year

It's �£13m per annum, which I believe is in line with what Setanta currently pay, but less than the new deal that was going to kick in.

Is that definite BD? Got a source?

just phoned the spl offices at hampden and it is �£13 million per year with an opt out after 3 years , who they opt out to is another question

just phoned the spl offices at hampden and it is �£13 million per year with an opt out after 3 years , who they opt out to is another question

there was talk of copying the dutch set up who run their own TV channels now but who knows.............