In relation to my question on the other thread regarding what this means for customers. At the bottom of this link (above) it suggests ESPN will have a subscription channel. Will that be two seperate subscriptions for the full package of games???

In relation to my question on the other thread regarding what this means for customers. At the bottom of this link (above) it suggests ESPN will have a subscription channel. Will that be two seperate subscriptions for the full package of games???

I'm guessing it will be one package for the SPL and other EPL games they recently got, as I said to your other post between �£9 and �£12 Iâ��ve read before? Cheaper for exciting SKY customers i'd say also......

glad I have a D box though cable :giruy:

I'm guessing it will be one package for the SPL and other EPL games they recently got, as I said to your other post between �£9 and �£12 Iâ��ve read before? Cheaper for exciting SKY customers i'd say also......

Aye sorry did see your other post, cheers for that. :thup:

I then read the comments from the link above and thought it confused the issue. 2 providers for one league's football. Surely if it worked the same way as Setanta and Sky you'd have to pay for both (well Setanta was free on Virgin's XL package and you tend to get sky sports as part of a package but I think you see what I mean).

Say for examle you didn't have sky sport. Do you just pay the money to sky and get SPL football on sky sports and ESPN. Or do you need to subscribe to sky and pay for ESPN seperate?

We already have sky sports. Will we automatically get their share of the SPL games. If not and they are part of a seperate broadcast, will they need to make room for a new channel?

I guess all will be explained in time. Just trying to work out what it means for me. Especially as I don't live in Glasgow anymore. :(

I think you will just need to subscribe to one and not both i.e. through SKY to get games on both SKY and ESPN. I think ESPN are doing all their business though SKY and so will the customers, someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

The other EPL games ESPN recently got are on a new channel on SKY and I expect some of the SPL games to be on here and the others (SKY will get the best picks I presume) on the normal SKY SPORTS channels.

http://www.espn.co.uk/

Have to say that on this occasion I agree with Bain. The club have been dragged down once again by the small minded majority of the SPL. It's becoming increasingly difficult for the OF to compete with the rest of Europe due to the penny pinching, short-termist attitude of these muppets. The sooner we get shot of the lot of them (hopefully through the formation of a European / North Atlantic league) the better.:(

What do you have to do to excite the Sky customers to get the cheaper price.:eek:

Guys, I think you'll find that you might only get the 30 games which Sky bought the rights to if you have a Sky Sports package. The games which ESPN have bought the rights to will apparently be an extra subscription of about �£9. I read on RM that all the OF games will be on Sky, but basically if you want access to all 60 games involved in the deal, you'll apparently need both a Sky Sports package/subscription and ESPN add-on subscription. Shoot me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've read & imo it's a load of bollocks if that's the case. I hope that's not the case because then basically Scottish football subscribers would basically be paying more money to watch Scottish football while less of the TV money goes back into the game. :(

Guys, I think you'll find that you might only get the 30 games which Sky bought the rights to if you have a Sky Sports package. The games which ESPN have bought the rights to will apparently be an extra subscription of about �£9. I read on RM that all the OF games will be on Sky, but basically if you want access to all 60 games involved in the deal, you'll apparently need both a Sky Sports package/subscription and ESPN add-on subscription. Shoot me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've read & imo it's a load of bollocks if that's the case. I hope that's not the case because then basically Scottish football subscribers would basically be paying more money to watch Scottish football while less of the TV money goes back into the game. :(

The top line should be that Scottish supporters should not be paying more to watch the SPL than the English are to watch the EPL. Sky should adjust the price with the possible consequence that if you also want the EPL then you have to pay more. You should have the choice though.

The top line should be that Scottish supporters should not be paying more to watch the SPL than the English are to watch the EPL. Sky should adjust the price with the possible consequence that if you also want the EPL then you have to pay more. You should have the choice though.

They can do whatever they like though pete & the bottom line seems to be that we've been short changed even more than we normally are for SPL TV rights. The 30 ESPN games are apparently going to be available separately both on Sky & on other networks such as Virgin, while you need a Sky sports subscription to be able to watch the other 30 games. If that's the case, then Scottish football has just been duped imo, but you can be sure that the suits & men in black of Scottish football won't be down on their wage packages.