Timmy draws Dinamo Moscow

Guys I know most of you will disagree with me but it's got to the stage where I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe because of the coefficient etc. We are trully struggling at the moment on the european front and the better our teams do in Europe the better. Motherwell are in a bit of trouble but is still winnable, Falkirk got a good result but against a Liechtenstein team I think it could've been a lot better. Celtic could realistically go out and if we finish second in the SPL this year (Doubt it like but just incase) then it would affect our CL campaign the following season.

Current Russian league.

1 Rubin Kazan 13 8 3 2 26 10 +16 27

2 Spartak Moscow 13 7 2 4 21 11 +10 23

3 Moscow 13 6 5 2 13 6 +7 23

4 Zenit St. Petersburg 13 6 4 3 20 12 +8 22

5 CSKA Moscow 12 6 2 4 19 11 +8 20

6 Krylia Sovetov Samara 13 6 2 5 14 13 +1 20

7 Dynamo Moscow 13 6 2 5 14 15 −1 20

8 Rostov 13 4 6 3 10 9 +1 18

9 Lokomotiv Moscow 13 4 5 4 13 14 −1 17

10 Terek Grozny 13 4 5 4 14 17 −3 17

11 Amkar Perm 13 3 5 5 12 19 −7 14

12 Kuban Krasnodar 13 3 5 5 9 14 −5 14

13 Tom Tomsk 13 3 4 6 9 17 −8 13

14 Saturn Moscow Oblast 13 3 4 6 9 19 −10 13

15 Spartak Nalchik 12 1 6 5 10 13 −3 9

16 Khimki 13 1 4 8 11 24 −13 7

Moscow could have a league on its own! How many teams do they need?!!

There should be a tournament - Moscow teams v London teams, it would take up a season!

Tough draw for Celtic though and Dinamo are in the middle of their season. Cant see Celtic getting past them TBH which means a bit more cash for us. :)

The BBC website is confusing the h3ll outta me, it says Celtic have been drawn against Dinamo Moscow in the 3rd qualifying round and if they win that they could get Fiorentina etc in the "2nd" qualifying round ?? Are we working backwards ?

It is a bit confusing as it did say when i watched the draw Third Q Round and had 4 seperate pots Champions and Non Champions ???

They are in deep shit i reckon both rounds :)

Guys I know most of you will disagree with me but it's got to the stage where I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe because of the coefficient etc. We are trully struggling at the moment on the european front and the better our teams do in Europe the better. Motherwell are in a bit of trouble but is still winnable, Falkirk got a good result but against a Liechtenstein team I think it could've been a lot better. Celtic could realistically go out and if we finish second in the SPL this year (Doubt it like but just incase) then it would affect our CL campaign the following season.

I don't want to see them doing well, but the ideal situation for Rangers & Scottish football's coefficient, is if Celtic go through to the next qualifying round of the Champions League then get knocked out & have a decent run in the Europa Cup by getting through the 4th qualifying round into the Europa Cup Group Stage. It wouldn't be hell on earth if they make it to the CL, but it would mean sharing the CL tv cash with them, which is quite a significant amount of money, something like �£5m, so ideally they don't make it & we pocket it all. :)

Our coefficient dropping could cause us serious problems in the near future though, so it's really important that Scottish teams do well in Europe in the coming season, even the unwashed since we can't rely on teams like Motherwell & Falkirk to help the coefficient.

Our coefficient dropping could cause us serious problems in the near future though, so it's really important that Scottish teams do well in Europe in the coming season, even the unwashed since we can't rely on teams like Motherwell & Falkirk to help the coefficient.

Aye, I know that, I just can't bring myself to say I hope they do well :)

Bollocks to that. We've rarely had a season where more than 1 team has performed ok in Europe and always hover around the 10th-13th ranked league. I'm not convinced we need to support the mhanks in Europe and if they have reasonable seasons whilst we are struggling they will gain in co-efficient and money starting a vicious cycle of them getting stronger and us potentially weakening and struggling to keep up. I hope the lose every match badly but will support all other Scottish teams in Europe. Including Aberdeen. :eek:

Aye, I know that, I just can't bring myself to say I hope they do well :)

That's why I suggested that it's best if they get pumped out of the CL in the next round, since that's not exactly doing well, but would give them the chance to stay in Europe & help the coefficient. :)

Bollocks to that. We've rarely had a season where more than 1 team has performed ok in Europe and always hover around the 10th-13th ranked league. I'm not convinced we need to support the mhanks in Europe and if they have reasonable seasons whilst we are struggling they will gain in co-efficient and money starting a vicious cycle of them getting stronger and us potentially weakening and struggling to keep up. I hope the lose every match badly but will support all other Scottish teams in Europe. Including Aberdeen. :eek:

Who said anything about supporting them? I wasn't suggesting that we break out the cold beers & cheer the fuckers on or anything!!