Timmy draws Dinamo Moscow

Guys I know most of you will disagree with me but it's got to the stage where I want all Scottish teams to do well in Europe because of the coefficient etc. We are trully struggling at the moment on the european front and the better our teams do in Europe the better. Motherwell are in a bit of trouble but is still winnable, Falkirk got a good result but against a Liechtenstein team I think it could've been a lot better. Celtic could realistically go out and if we finish second in the SPL this year (Doubt it like but just incase) then it would affect our CL campaign the following season.

I understand what you're saying mate, but I just can't bring myself to want THEM to win one match, nevermind do well in Europe.

I can honestly say, maybe naievly, I'd rather they f****d up in Europe and we took our chances in the qualifiers, if that was ever to be the case.

Nowadays, I'm of the attitude that anything positive that happens to us in Europe is a bonus. As long as we keep winning the SPL title(no guarantees of course) and the odd cup, I'll be more than happy.

I understand what you're saying mate, but I just can't bring myself to want THEM to win one match, nevermind do well in Europe.

I think rightly or wrongly that sums up most Bears feelings :spl: Have to admit I had a chuckle when I saw the draw epecially when you see the teams they could get in the next bit. The thing that makes it so hard to want other Scottish teams - not just them to win is all the sh*t you get from other fans when we lose in Europe. I remember being in an Edinburgh pub the night we won on penalties against Maritimo. I think me and my mate were the only ones wanting us to win. Went mental at Full Time:) Not a popular guy that night

Who said anything about supporting them? I wasn't suggesting that we break out the cold beers & cheer the fuckers on or anything!!

Support.

Want to win.

Semantics.

Fuck em. Hope they lose every match 6-0.

It's not normal to want your greatest rivals to win. Ignore all that bollocks of the greater good.

All the guff about the co-efficient. Over the years we've contributed the most and this about the first time we've received direct entry.

I can honestly say, maybe naievly, I'd rather they f****d up in Europe and we took our chances in the qualifiers, if that was ever to be the case.

We're nearing times when only the SPL champions will get a CL qualifier place though, so although I don't want them to win games in Europe, I'll be looking at the positive side of it if they do. Same with the likes of the sheep.

Support.

Want to win.

Semantics.

Fuck em. Hope they lose every match 6-0.

It's not normal to want your greatest rivals to win. Ignore all that bollocks of the greater good.

All the guff about the co-efficient. Over the years we've contributed the most and this about the first time we've received direct entry.

I think cutting your nose off to spite your face is a bit short sighted tbh, since it never does anyone any good. Martyring our standing in Europe as a nation to further our pet hates is extremely unhealthy for the Scottish game & then people complain when we can't raise decent money for our TV rights. :whistle:

I think cutting your nose off to spite your face is a bit short sighted tbh, since it never does anyone any good. Martyring our standing in Europe as a nation to further our pet hates is extremely unhealthy for the Scottish game & then people complain when we can't raise decent money for our TV rights. :whistle:

But the evidence is that Celtic performing in Europe has never benefitted us to any great extent. As long as we have a reasonabel run in Europe every year that appears to be enough to keep us at least at the level we are at for teh countries coefficient and realistically it never looks like improving much.

I'm not convinced Celtic having a good run benefits us in anyway.

But the evidence is that Celtic performing in Europe has never benefitted us to any great extent. As long as we have a reasonabel run in Europe every year that appears to be enough to keep us at least at the level we are at for teh countries coefficient and realistically it never looks like improving much.

I'm not convinced Celtic having a good run benefits us in anyway.

Sorry S_A, but I think you're completely wrong here. We're in a situation where if Scottish clubs don't do well for the coefficient this coming season, there's every chance that we'll be losing our automatic CL qualification for next year because we're currently teetering right on the edge in the points & ranking system. It could potentially be a snowball effect because if we lose that auto CL spot, we'll be looking at a situation where the SPL champions have to compete in 2 CL qualifying rounds & the SPL runners up won't see any CL football at all. Instead, the SPL runners up would go into the Europa league & depending on the progress of Scottish clubs in Europe in those circumstances, we could eventually see our team & national rankings dropping way below where it should be. If you want to go down the road where Scotland only have one CL spot again, then fair enough, but we're mighty close to that happening & the only way to avoid it happening is for both of the Old Firm teams to have good runs in Europe. It's actually so bad that that might not be enough & that we actually need to hope for our other Scottish teams in Europe to rack up some coefficient points.

My take on it is this:- Since getting our 2nd CL spot Scottish football in Europe has been on the up again with both sides of the OF reaching the CL last 16 & Rangers reaching the UEFA Cup final. Loosing our 2nd CL spot signals that Scottish football is not on the up anymore, it's going in the wrong direction & that can only be bad for the game in our country.

Maybe it puts me in some sort of outcast minority amongst our support as do some of my other views, but personally I'm not willing to endorse sacrificing the standard of Scottish football & our European standing so that I can say 'lets all laugh at the mopes' or 'haha, the scum are out of Europe' or 'LOL, where's your European football now, ya dirty bassas'.

Maybe you'll see my point, maybe you won't. :whistle:

Someone here is telling me that we've already lost our auto CL spot for next season & that this seasons contribution to the coefficient will determine whether we get it back the following season, but we're not 100% certain on this.

Nowadays, I'm of the attitude that anything positive that happens to us in Europe is a bonus. As long as we keep winning the SPL title(no guarantees of course) and the odd cup, I'll be more than happy.

There is another side to it, if they go out to Moscow Dynamo then we may be playing 6 more matches meaning they just have to concentrate on the league, remember we ran out of legs after our UEFA cup run !

Someone here is telling me that we've already lost our auto CL spot for next season & that this seasons contribution to the coefficient will determine whether we get it back the following season, but we're not 100% certain on this.

No automatic qualification spot next year as the 13th ranked country. If the winners of the tournament have already qualified, the winners of the SPL will get an automatic spot.

And still fuck Celtic.:giruy: