Madjid Bougherra wants focus on Rangers

MADJID BOUGHERRA today insisted he can't wait for the transfer window to slam shut at the end of this month - to end speculation linking him with a move away from Rangers.

The Ibrox defender has reiterated his desire to remain at the SPL champions for the entirety of this season despite being linked with a return to England and a move to France this summer.

Bougherra has given the Light Blue legions his word he has no plans to jump ship at the last minute this month.

He just wants to be allowed to focus on his football and prepare for the forthcoming campaign.

He said: "I am happy at Rangers. I don't want to move. This is not the first time I have said such a thing. And yes, it will be nice for the transfer window to close so it is not an issue for anyone. I still have things in football I have to learn and we have the Champions League this season as well. I have never played Champions League football before so this will be a first for me.

"It will be exciting to play against the best teams in the world. For me, it is very important to play in this competition. It will help improve me as a player and that is crucial if I want to better myself.

"And Rangers are a massive club with fantastic fans. Look at the amount of them who travelled to London at the weekend to support us in the two games against PSG and Arsenal. That sort of backing means so much to me.

"So I want to play at Rangers for another season and I'm looking forward to trying to help the club to further success."

Publication date 04/08/09

:thup:

I'm not so sure I equate this to the Cuellar situation.

He may still leave, but with Cuellar it seemed like one announcement to placate the fans. Boogie has repeatedly reiterated his deisre to stay. Added to the fact that he says when he went to the premiership (to Charlton?) it was too soon and he would not make that mistake again and was happy at Rangers.

"So I want to play at Rangers for another season and I'm looking forward to trying to help the club to further success."

Given this part of his quote we should be looking for a replacement for Davie Weir just now because, if we don't, I suspect we will be looking for TWO first choice CB's for next season.