Sporting through on away goals.

Pana won 3-0 to go through 4-3 on agg

Pot 3 it is then.

Nice work on putting the death knell on it S_A !! :flipa:

Just seen that. Jammie bastards.

Still round 4!!! Though pot 3 most likely. :(

Nice work on putting the death knell on it S_A !! :flipa:

Jinxy bassa ye. :box:

S_A, it's mildly amusing that you don't care about the coefficient but you're willing to hope that other teams' results give us a better chance (of sorts). :devil:

wondered what went wrong 2night, now i know who jinxed it!

Not great, but it means that some of the stronger teams stay unseeded, and can see them going out that way!

Still, would be nice if shaktar john the tims in the europa league qualifiers!

If we were in pot 2 and got a so called lesser team then there would be more pressure on us to go through.

Sometimes in previous CLs the better the team the better we play against them.

On the other hand maybe not :whistle:

Jinxy bassa ye. :box:

S_A, it's mildly amusing that you don't care about the coefficient but you're willing to hope that other teams' results give us a better chance (of sorts). :devil:

Mowbray probably put my post up in the dressing room! :giruy:

Celtic doing well does not necessarily benefit us, yet certainly benefits them. So fuck them. :flipa:

Come on the Arsenal/Lyon/Pana/Etc.

they were the best of two very poor teams and having their midfield certainly wouldn't inspire me , especially having the strikers they have , the only thing that will save them is getting the greeks

The draw for the final qualifying round of the CL has thrown up a mixed bag of fortunes for the 4 clubs above us in the rankings.

Just to recap, we need 2 clubs out of Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, and Panathanaikos to get knocked out for us to go into pot 2 of the main event.

In this morning's draw there were virtual byes for Lyon and Arsenal, drawing Anderlecht and some Irish mob respectively, but far more difficult ties for Lisbon and Pana.

Lisbon have drawn Fiorentina while Pana have drawn Atletico Madrid and both will start as underdogs despite being the seeded side.

I would be very surprised if Forentina and Atletico do not progress, ensuring not only their own participation, but allowing us to take our place in pot 2.

Revised pot 2 after chicken counting

Lyon

Inter Milan

Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow

Porto

Alkmaar

Juventus

Rangers

with pot 3 now looking like

Olympiakos

Marseilles

Dynamo Kiev

Stuttgart

Bordeaux

Besiktas

Copenhagen

I know where I would rather be!!!

The draw for the final qualifying round of the CL has thrown up a mixed bag of fortunes for the 4 clubs above us in the rankings.

Just to recap, we need 2 clubs out of Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting Lisbon, and Panathanaikos to get knocked out for us to go into pot 2 of the main event.

In this morning's draw there were virtual byes for Lyon and Arsenal, drawing Anderlecht and some Irish mob respectively, but far more difficult ties for Lisbon and Pana.

Lisbon have drawn Fiorentina while Pana have drawn Atletico Madrid and both will start as underdogs despite being the seeded side.

I would be very surprised if Forentina and Atletico do not progress, ensuring not only their own participation, but allowing us to take our place in pot 2.

I've actually seen some muppets this afternoon saying they'd be happy for Celtic to beat Arsenal so that we get into pot 2. I mean come on. Aye, let's sacrifice nearly �£3m in TV cash so that we can get a slightly easier group draw. :ffs: