Champions League Draw

Is that true? What do we need to get into Pot 2 for sure? Don't we need C****c to beat the Arse?

Yup, you are sort of right. Craig is spot on too :thup:

Basically, the teams that are yet to qualify that are seeded above us are Arsenal, Lyon, Sporting and Panathinaikos. All the teams that they are playing are seeded below us, hence if they were to get knocked out, we would move up a place.

After Shaktar Donetsk getting knocked out in the last round, we are now ranked 18th, with the 16th seed getting the final spot in pot 2.

Therefore we need 2 from Athletico Madrid, Fiorentina, Anderlecht and Celtic to go through.

Chances are Madrid and Fiorentina will win. Tims have no chance. but even if they do, will only help our chances!

Assuming Arsenal beat the tims, and Lyon beat Anderlecht...

TOP SEEDS

FC Barcelona

Liverpool

Chelsea

Manchester United

AC Milan

Arsenal

Sevilla

Bayern M�¼nchen

SECOND SEEDS

Olympique Lyon

Internazionale

Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow

FC Porto

AZ Alkmaar

Juventus

The Rangers

Hopefully Arsenal will in the paedo dome and not turn up and not play like AC and Man U have been guilty of.

Think their home record is a bit manufactured as they have played some big teams after they have already qualified etc.

What I find mildly amusing is that in the ET yesterday they were waxing lyrical about how Celtic have now exorcised their demons playing away from home in Europe..... after ONE WIN !!

And yet conveniently.... they bang on about how wonderful their home record is..... but they just lost their last home tie.

What I find mildly amusing is that in the ET yesterday they were waxing lyrical about how Celtic have now exorcised their demons playing away from home in Europe..... after ONE WIN !!

And yet conveniently.... they bang on about how wonderful their home record is..... but they just lost their last home tie.

It's not so much their away record in the qualifiers anyway, where the quality of opponent is generally very poor. It's their away record in the competition proper that we've been mocking them for I thought?

It's not so much their away record in the qualifiers anyway, where the quality of opponent is generally very poor. It's their away record in the competition proper that we've been mocking them for I thought?

We wont need to worry about their away form in the competition proper this year..... I hope !

To be fair to them.... for the last 3 years they have went straight into the group stages...

We wont need to worry about their away form in the competition proper this year..... I hope !

To be fair to them.... for the last 3 years they have went straight into the group stages...

Despite us having contributed more to the co-efficient over the past 5 years (and no doubt past ten or more) how come we never seem to have benefitted from that before. Sod's (Murphy's) Law I no, but pisses me off.

Despite us having contributed more to the co-efficient over the past 5 years (and no doubt past ten or more) how come we never seem to have benefitted from that before. Sod's (Murphy's) Law I no, but pisses me off.

Benefitted from what ?

We ARE straight into the group stages this time round are we not ?