What the 1st team squad now looks like.

It's not a good enough squad defensive wise. What if 39 year old Weir gets an injury early in the game? McCulloch would then go there I take it but who goes in midfield?

Would be a good time to bring on Thomson I guess

Little played right back against Portsmouth, he may well play there again and allow Whittacker to play midfield ??

I wonder if the young guy has even played there at youth or reserve level?

Apart from the friendly he played there are we going to through him in Lions Den and hope for the best?

I wonder if the young guy has even played there at youth or reserve level?

Apart from the friendly he played there are we going to through him in Lions Den and hope for the best?

At home against Falkirk....lions den???,he has international experience and if Falkirk can play youngsters @ Ibrox why can't we ?,these young guys are going to have to be played at some point

At home against Falkirk....lions den???,he has international experience and if Falkirk can play youngsters @ Ibrox why can't we ?,these young guys are going to have to be played at some point

imagine he has a nightmare though Ian, not a good start for the boy. It's hard enough making an impression on our fans but playing a new position seems silly to me. He's a striker not a right back........

imagine he has a nightmare though Ian, not a good start for the boy. It's hard enough making an impression on our fans but playing a new position seems silly to me. He's a striker not a right back........

Totally agree Johnny,however we have all been told that this is going to happen due to our lack of transfer activity and how many times do we hear fans moaning about the youths not getting a chance, I see tomorrow is as good a time as any to play 1-2 of them,especially as we may need to,Little plays CB for the reserves I believe,he's a big strong lad with pace and as I have already said he does have international experience,not saying he will/should play just reiterating the fact that we HAVE to give them game time sooner or later

So in summary, if you don't count the injured players & youngsters, our squad looks like this -

Goalkeepers

1 - Allan McGregor

25 - Neil Alexander

Defenders

3 - David Weir

5 - Sasa Papac (suspended for 1st SPL fixture)

16 - Steven Whittaker

24 - Madjid Bougherra

26 - Steven Smith

Midfielders

6 - Lee McCulloch (not really a midfielder but will be needed as one)

7 - Steven Davis

8 - Kevin Thomson (still not 100% after previous injury)

20 - DaMarcus Beasley

Strikers

9 - Kris Boyd

14 - Steven Naismith

18 - Kenny Miller

27 - Kyle Lafferty (suspended for 1st 2 SPL fixtures)

Edited by Zappa