Before I start just let me say this is totally without any foundation , it's just my own thoughts no sources or rumours behind it .

The way we have approached this year from Jan 1st till the present has been almost scatter gun like , any decent or at least any offer for any player seems to have been accepted whether to take players on loan or for transfer , the initial figure of removing �£4million from the wage bill has more than been reached along with getting around �£1.6 million ( once the players cut is removed as no one asked for a transfer ) for players in fees .

This has left me wondering why the desperation for this type of actions , we all agree last season though brilliant to win the league , was a disaster from the point of view of player recruitment , with the vast majority being brought in too late for europe and leaving us with far to big a squad , any sane fan would realise that there would need to be some sort of balancing act , and few would agree with the majority of players leaving in fact some would like a few more join the ranks of the departed .

However and this is where this season so far has been very strange , with so much riding yet again on the league it is very unlike Walter to go with such a thread bare squad , without bringing in any players , indeed Murray's lapdogs are now infact telling all that infact we need more players out the door before we can even get a bosman or a loan signing on board .

I can only hope that this is being done as part of a takeover deal , such as Portsmouth's where they are preparing the finances before the sheikh takes over , if not then what exactly are the figures on our finances going to read, possibly like a horror movie if barrybaldy is correct .

Never can the hopes of so many be laid at the feet of so few , god bless them I really hope they succeed ...

Something is not right.

We cannot go through this season and expect to compete without another CB in the squad.

And although we got a good result today, today's squad showed the situation we could find ourselves in at several points throughout the season if we suffered a few injuries to key players.

The lack of squad strength is a worry for the coming season. I would love it if you were right regarding investment. Unfortunately I just don't see it. No source or evidence, like yourself, just gut feeling. :(

Keeping it brief here:-

My take on last summer's transfers in relation to our financial situation is that Mendes & Davis were key signings & worth the money despite the Davis signing being a Bain shambles that came too late. Lafferty & Edu on the other hand, cost us almost �£6m & I believe we could still have won the league without them.

My take on the finances is that we're currently witnessing some spin that's designed to lower the expectations of the fans a couple of weeks before the transfer window closes, because there's every chance that we actually won't strengthen the squad by bringing any new players in.

Since January , if Darcheville and Burke are included we will have saved over �£6.9 million on wages per year and thats at a conservative estimate , add in the �£1.5 million in fees ( once the players slice is removed as none asked for transfers ) and that we will earn over �£17 million ( if Celtic get gubbed hopefully ) top line from the c/l alone , how bad can it really be , even when we were seriously in debt a few years ago we never saw such draconian cuts as we are witnessing now , all this on top of the club workers who seem to be facing constant threats to their jobs , sad sad times , the sooner the truth comes the better

Very few if any of the players that have left made any contribution at all to last season , Velicka waded in with a few important goals , Ferguson held down a position for a while without doing anything spectacular , Dailly was well Dailly , and that was about it , the rest Darcheville , Burke , Gow , Hemdani , Adam ,Graham Smith , Webster and Furman never featured, also for years we have all wanted youngsters to get a chance , however I have never seen the pendulum swing so far in the opposite direction so quickly ever , I mean today we had 4 under 21 players on the bench

One thing is for sure there is something happening behind the scenes. Whether the banks are running the show or Murray is making a bid to get the debt down to sell to Parks i don't know. One thing is certain, Murray wants out so i am edging to the second scenario. Parks would probably fit into Murray's idea of being a good choice if he could afford it. From what i have been reading Parks wants to buy but without the debt. If Murray gets the debt down substantially then maybe both will add water to the wine and meet at a level acceptable to both. Just my thoughts, no substantiation.

also for years we have all wanted youngsters to get a chance , however I have never seen the pendulum swing so far in the opposite direction so quickly ever , I mean today we had 4 under 21 players on the bench

I'm not really with you on this point. We need to have 3 U21 players on the bench anyway & today we had 4 on the bench, but I don't see that as any sort of pendulum swing when we had Mendes, Novo & Edu out through injury (no, I'm not forgetting Broadfoot), as well as Papac & Lafferty out through suspension.

I'm not really with you on this point. We need to have 3 U21 players on the bench anyway & today we had 4 on the bench, but I don't see that as any sort of pendulum swing when we had Mendes, Novo & Edu out through injury (no, I'm not forgetting Broadfoot), as well as Papac & Lafferty out through suspension.

sorry I actually didn't take that into account also I suppose having lafferty and papac suspended wouldn't have helped either , but when you add it all up that is it really a first team squad of 19 , todays 10 ( flecks still too young to be considered a full first team member IMHO ) plus Alexander , Thomson , Beasley ,Papac , Lafferty , Novo ,Edu ,Broadfoot and Mendes