TBH, I don't care what pot we are in,we have made some much needed cash from the MOPES getting pumped,we'll have a few CL nights to look forward to,then drop into the europa league,but most importantly retain the SPL

This is the way i see it aswell 100%:)

You are correct Craig,I'm just enjoying the pain the MOPES will be feeing,which they will be regardless of what they say :devil:

And this one aswell! Glad we are their!:) and to follow on im getting drunk and its time for bed :) good night lads and happy days !:spl:

2. David Provan says "Arsenal just edging the possession so far". We were 23 mins in and Arsenal had 59% of the possession. 59% vs 41% is NOT edging it Davie, it is dominating it

"Fuck off Davie" were my exact words to the TV when he said that!

Oh dear!!!,MOPE on real radio saying.................wait for it........if Arsenal never got they two lucky deflected goals,and if the ref had given they two stone wall penalties blah blah blah blah.............you coudn't make it up

KDS

Quinzobhoy Yesterday, 11:13 AM Post #3998

Member Avatar

Occasional Substitute

[ * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#20,582

11 July 2008

Put this in TFS thread

En route to the game on tuesday night, our bus was driving along, when a van pulled up along side and held a poster against the window, one of our guys captured this on his camera phone, and was lucky enough to capture the company email address and all. So he decided to send the following to the employer

To: *****.******

Subject: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sirs,

I wish to draw your attention to a very unpleasant incident on Tuesday evening as I was travelling to Glasgow along the M8, on which the attached picture was taken on my camera phone. The picture displays disgusting, bigoted behaviour from two young men, whom I can only assume to be employees of your company as you can see it is a company van with name, phone number and this email address clearly labeled on.

It was approximately 6pm and myself and our bus full of Edinburgh based Celtic supporters were travelling to Parkhead for the nights Champions League tie against Arsenal. As you may make out from the attached picture it was to our horror that these two young men displayed racist, sectarian and bigoted abuse written on card from the passenger window of your company’s vehicle.

On one side of said card was written ‘why don’t you go home, famine is over’ – as you may be aware this song is in reference to the Irish Potato Famine which has been condemned in the press and Government in both Scotland & Ireland. It is considered a racist & sectarian song and to be found guilty or promoting or singing the song results in a charge of breach of the peace (aggravated by religious and racial prejudice). In June 2009, three Scottish judges ruled that The Famine Song is racist, therefore I am astounded to find your employees acting in such a manner.

On the reverse side of the same card is said ‘U.V.F. No Surrender’ which, probably not needing explaining, is glorifying the loyalist Ulster Volunteer Force terrorist organisation who were responsible for the deaths of many innocent people throughout the Troubles. I find it sickening that anyone could promote such an organisation and openly declare their hatred for another religion or race in such a way.

I was so angered by this distasteful and offensive behaviour that I felt compelled to notify your company. It was with luck that I managed to capture an image. Although not as clear as I’d hoped (as from two moving vehicles) you can still make out the van and the activities therein. We are a family friendly supporters club so the fact this conduct was visible to women and children onboard angers me even more; for them to see such vile hand gestures and abuse. We have half a bus full of reliable witnesses to the whole act!

I hope that there is something you can do to identify and reprimand these culprits appropriately. I am sure any professional company would never condone their staff, or those using their company vehicles, to show such openly bigoted, racist & sectarian offensiveness towards others. And I am more than sure a lot of customers throughout Scotland would agree...

I look forward to your response however please do not hesitate to contact me by return if you need any further details.

Kind regards,

Paul

He received this response today

Sent: 19 August 2009 18:50

To:

Subject: RE: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sir,

I am the operations manager for #### Scotland. I am horrified by the allegations made below. There is no place for such behaviour in modern society. I am currently going through the process of identifying the engineer concerned.

As a celtic season ticket holder myself I find this draconian behaviour utterly despicable and will not tolerate this whatsoever. I have notified the managing director who was also in attendance at celtic park last night and to say he is very unhappy is a major understatement.

We have lodged an investigation into this incident and rest assured the culprit will be dealt accordingly.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of #### Scotland for the discomfort this has caused both your good self and the rest of the supporters who may have been offended.

I can be contacted on the number below if you would like to discuss this further

Best regards,

Operations Manager

#####Scotland

Lets hope these animals get whats coming to them........

So these Edinburgh based Scots were going to watcha club that plays songs about the famine over their tannoys, and when they are told "why don’t you go home, famine is over" they believe it is racist AND sectarian?

Racist against who? These Edinburgh based Scots who are going to sing about the famine? In what way is it racist?

Sectarian? A joke, as there is no mention of anything religious.

The Operations manager and MD seem to emphasise that they are Celtic fans, but don't seem to worry about anyone's religion or nationality. Seems like the football team is the relevant matter but they are are going to try and use bigitory as an excuse to have a go at what they clearly seem to accept is just a football issue. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere.......

As for the UVF issue, if they were referring to the terrorist organisation then fair enough, but if they were referring to the brave man who fought during WW1, then what is the problem? Perhaps the people on the bus are mind readers and can tell what they were meaning?