Chris Burke. Was it a mistake to free him?

That would say more about them as fans that it would say about Gribz. Surely we have progressed from primitive beings ?

You would like to think so, but then when you go on some of the other Gers forums....:rolleyes:

The difference between Murray & Bain is that we CAN force the removal of Bain.

No we cant.

Murray is the major shareholder by a LONG way and, as such, still holds the power in the corridors of Ibrox.

Anyone that thinks the average fan can "force" the removal of the CEO is blinkered.

Bain could be forced out by Murray (wont happen), the other shareholders (wont be enough of them to over-rule Murray and most are likely passive investors anyway), the bank (if they are running the show then this is probably the most likely way of seeing Bain removed) or the Board (there doesnt seem to be any unrest at that level but given the recent changes we may see some shifting around and Bain could be cut but depends on the board's view of him - anyone know ?). But the average fan wields very little power in having Bain removed.

All in my opinion of course.

No we cant.

Murray is the major shareholder by a LONG way and, as such, still holds the power in the corridors of Ibrox.

Agreed

Anyone that thinks the average fan can "force" the removal of the CEO is blinkered.

Like I said initially, if his performance is poor (which it has been) and the support let their feelings be known then just like the management team he CAN be replaced. Can we force David Murray to make decisions? - No, but we CAN provide an influence on them.

Edited by UCF2008

Like I said initially, if his performance is poor (which it has been) and the support let their feelings be known then just like the management team he CAN be replaced. Can we force David Murray to make decisions? - No, but we CAN provide an influence on them.

But therein lies the problem. Many Bears simply dont seem to care enough about the job Bain is doing to make a concerted effort to oust him. As such any movement would be almost futile.

Bain has been poor as CEO pretty much since the minute he took the job (credit for lowering the wage bill BUT... and a big BUT... anyone could have done that - especially as he seemed to have to pay off half the players that were forced to leave - even I could have done that job).

And given he has been poor for a long time... why have we not seen him ousted already ? Do you think that there really is such a significant shift in the fans attitude towards him that they will make a concerted effort to oust him ? I personally doubt it.

Would love to see the back of him though. I dont think he does a CEO's job and to be paid what he does for the job he does borders on being criminal !

But therein lies the problem. Many Bears simply dont seem to care enough about the job Bain is doing to make a concerted effort to oust him. As such any movement would be almost futile.

You're probably right. As much as it wouldn't be quite as futile as campaigning against the BBC or starting a 'Murray must go' campaign (for instance:devil:) there is that element of apathy amongst the support which would make something like a change of CEO difficult to say the least.

You're probably right. As much as it wouldn't be quite as futile as campaigning against the BBC or starting a 'Murray must go' campaign (for instance:devil:) there is that element of apathy amongst the support which would make something like a change of CEO difficult to say the least.

Unfortunately :(