It appears that Boyd would have gone to Birmingham if the financial side was right for him. It wasn't.

The Rangers management are unlikely to come out and say that they want rid of him in case the deal fell through, which was what happened.

There were suggestions that Boyd was taking the piss with his wage demands to scupper the deal and for once i'm inclined to believe it.

There's a poster on FF who appears to know Boyd well and says he would "have to think about it if Man U or Real Madrid came in for him". Obviously a wee joke, but was his way of saying he wouldn't sign for pretty much anyone else.

There's a poster on FF who appears to know Boyd well and says he would "have to think about it if Man U or Real Madrid came in for him". Obviously a wee joke, but was his way of saying he wouldn't sign for pretty much anyone else.

Good to know. I always got that impression from Boyd. The concerning thing for us however, is that Hutton was of the same mould and was all but driven down to North London at gunpoint.

Good to know. I always got that impression from Boyd. The concerning thing for us however, is that Hutton was of the same mould and was all but driven down to North London at gunpoint.

True, even the most stubborn of player could be persuaded to leave. Seems Boyd is determined to stay though.

From a different poster on the same website:

Spoke to a mate of Laffertys in Belfast just after the Birmingham bid last time and he said that Kyle told him Boyd had said 'I don't care if they want to pay me �£50k a week, i'm not leaving Rangers'.