Like Hemdani, Buffel, Beasley & Gow?

Hemdani was never going to get near the first team. Quite simply we had better players.

Buffel was a player that WS obviously didnt rate and who obviously felt that we had better players.

Beasley has still been getting games when fit, on occasion.

Gow is a different situation to Boyd as far as I can see. It seems Gow had a falling out with the management (seems to be the general concensus) which is not the case with Boyd.

Even though Cousin wanted to leave and didnt seem to be trying he still played his way out of Ibrox. He was given that chance by Smith.

Lets not forget that sometimes being rated by a manager does not automatically mean that the manager wants to keep you. I am sure the management team rate Boyd but that doesnt mean it is a given that they want to keep him.

My point is that none of us know whether the management team wanted to keep him but you seem to be suggesting that you are completely convinced they did. We just don't know.

I am only playing devil's advocate by the way as I happen to think that, from a footballing perspective, they did want to keep him.

Boyd would have accepted the move to Brum unless he had been (privately) told he was wanted at Ibrox despite the offer having been accepted & that he'd be featuring in the team if he stayed. That's my simplified take on it.

Not necessarily either. I know it is your opinion Shroomz and I really dont want it to seem that I am taking a bipolar standpoint from you just for te sake of it.

Plenty of players have refused moves and just sat on the sidelines pulling a wage (Hemdani being one such player - not sure if he refused a move but definitely was happy enough to just take a wage and do nothing for it).

In this instance, rather than playing devils advocate, I disagree. Boyd doesnt want to leave Rangers and he seems the stubborn type - so I am not completely convinced that it would have taken for him to be told he was wanted for him to stay. It is every bit as plausible that he decided to stay as a GIRUY to the management team (moreso the board than management team though).

My point is that none of us know whether the management team wanted to keep him but you seem to be suggesting that you are completely convinced they did. We just don't know.

I clearly remember seeing an interview with Coisty during the transfer negotiations with Brum where he clearly gave the impression that Boyd was still wanted at Ibrox.

I am only playing devil's advocate by the way as I happen to think that, from a footballing perspective, they did want to keep him.

So you agree with me that they did want to keep him then. At least you're not sore about losing that tenner. :D

I can't believe the guff on here that if we sell Boyd we can't win the league. What a lot of crap! We have won the league 52 times and most of these were without Kris Boyd. No person on this planet is unmissable.

I hope Boyd stays as he does offer something to the club but we can win the league without him, believe me. Was it not just 7 months ago many on here were saying we have nobody to replace Barry Ferguson? We haven't done that bad since he was replaced.

I can't believe the guff on here that if we sell Boyd we can't win the league. What a lot of crap! We have won the league 52 times and most of these were without Kris Boyd. No person on this planet is unmissable.

I hope Boyd stays as he does offer something to the club but we can win the league without him, believe me. Was it not just 7 months ago many on here were saying we have nobody to replace Barry Ferguson? We haven't done that bad since he was replaced.

It's not that we definitely cant win it if we sell him, but it's a damn site less likely. :(

Edited by Super_Ally

I clearly remember seeing an interview with Coisty during the transfer negotiations with Brum where he clearly gave the impression that Boyd was still wanted at Ibrox.

So you agree with me that they did want to keep him then. At least you're not sore about losing that tenner. :D

I still owe you that do I not ? PM me your details and I will have it sent !

It appears that Boyd would have gone to Birmingham if the financial side was right for him. It wasn't.

The Rangers management are unlikely to come out and say that they want rid of him in case the deal fell through, which was what happened.

Hemdani was never going to get near the first team. Quite simply we had better players.

I disagree with that. Rangers obviously decided at the start of last season that he wasn't going to feature as they wanted rid of him. The decision seems to have been based on financial resons ratehr than playing reasons.

There were times when they could have played him and didn't, eg playing Dailly in front of him.