I bet Neil finds comfort in your statement Allan. :whistle:

ALLAN McGREGOR admits that he feels for rival and friend Neil Alexander after winning back the gloves at Rangers.

McGregor was given the nod for the goalkeeper's slot even although Alexander was in possession after replacing Allan in the climax to each of the last two seasons.

McGregor was injured two seasons ago and then dropped last season after his Scotland antics and on each occasion Alexander came in and did a great job.

Selecting his goalkeeper for the new campaign was a tough call for Walter Smith. He reverted to McGregor who is naturally thrilled but equally sympathetic to the plight of Alexander.

He said: "It was great that the manager showed faith in me and picked me to start the season. I didn't actually find out until the last minute as we prepared to Falkirk in the opening game.

"The situation is made more awkward because Neil and I are pals. If Neil was somebody I didn't get on with it would have been a lot easier.

"So I do feel sorry for him that he has been left out but at the same time I'm obviously happy that the gaffer has chosen me.

"Obviously I have had spells out of the team in the last two seasons with injury and then the daft incident when I was with Scotland. So I am so happy to be back playing again.

"I missed the tail end of last season through my own fault and that was tough. However, I didn't really think that I would have to leave. I was only thinking about the boys trying to win the League which they did."

It's a pish story anyway - I mean, what can you say ?

I can say (from more than one experience) that McGregor is a boozebag arsehole that doesn't deserve his place back. Wish we punted him.

Neil Alexander loyal.