50\50 penalty claims.:confused: If we take the blue glasses off then they were stone wallers. The first one on Maloney was just as bad as as Naighsmith against Seville and we all saw that as a penalty.

The only reason I said they were 50/50 was because they were precisely that to most referees who have really hard decisions to make in situations like those where players are going down looking for a penalty. Maloney could have stayed on his feet on both occasions & without the benefit of a close-up replay, you can see exactly why Thomson thought he should book Maloney for simulation.

The only reason I said they were 50/50 was because they were precisely that to most referees who have really hard decisions to make in situations like those where players are going down looking for a penalty. Maloney could have stayed on his feet on both occasions & without the benefit of a close-up replay, you can see exactly why Thomson thought he should book Maloney for simulation.

The first one on Maloney was not a hard decision for a Ref with guts. I was even shouting at Weir for giving away a penalty before i saw any replay. I was (pleasantly)shocked the ref didn't give it, but If it had happened to a Rangers player i would have been fuming.

I was boiling when the linesman never flagged for the shirt pull on Lafferty. He was next to them if he didn't see it he should not be officiating. What are these guy's there for if they are not going to flag for such things.

The first one on Maloney was not a hard decision for a Ref with guts. I was even shouting at Weir for giving away a penalty before i saw any replay. I was (pleasantly)shocked the ref didn't give it, but If it had happened to a Rangers player i would have been fuming.

I'm gonna watch them another few times, but to me in the first incident it looked like Maloney went down because he wasn't going to get anything otherwise & with Weir sticking his foot in Maloney was given the opportunity to try & get something. When you watch it again, Maloney's touch right before Weir's foot came in wasn't a great touch & he must have seen Smith coming in from his right hand side as well. IMO, if he hadn't went down, he was getting nothing at all, other than maybe forcing a corner, but he took the wise course of action & fell over.

I was boiling when the linesman never flagged for the shirt pull on Lafferty. He was next to them if he didn't see it he should not be officiating. What are these guy's there for if they are not going to flag for such things.

That was a definite foul & should have been a free kick for us in a really good area, but the linesman who ignored it despite it being right in front of his nose was the infamous Tom Murphy, which explains why he didn't give the free kick imo.