I can't really get excited about it but on balance I also hope we don't get beat. But since we will anyway and since it could well be a serious gubbing, I'm prepared to look on the bright side and see this as insurance that the idiot Burley will be gone by Friday.

As for the supporters in skirts, they'll keep on celebrating defeat and mediocrity.

The one bright point, if you can call it that. Of the candidates at the time, I thought he was the best. Hindsight and all that. :(

He wasn't near the best candidate IMO, he got the job on the back of 8 games at Hearts. One season at Ipswich aside, Burley has done little of note with his managerial career. He was managing Southampton when he got the Scotland job FFS.

As I remember the shortlist of 4 included Burley, Souness, McGhee and Levein. Guess which one stands out like a shining beacon from that otherwise uninspiring list? We all know why he'll never get the job.

Strachan would be their best bet now, but i couldn't really give a toss.

I imagine Strachan has already been sounded out for the job and he looks like a cast iron shoe-in. The little bastard's ego won't allow him to turn it down unfortunately. Cue four years of sycophantic arse licking by the Scottish media. He'll no doubt henceforth be known as "Scotland's ex-Celtic manager".

He'll no doubt henceforth be known as "Scotland's ex-Celtic manager".

He is though if he's given the Scotland job.

I see what you mean though, Burley isn't known as 'Scotlands ex Hearts manager'. He's just known as the fud!

He wasn't near the best candidate IMO, he got the job on the back of 8 games at Hearts. One season at Ipswich aside, Burley has done little of note with his managerial career. He was managing Southampton when he got the Scotland job FFS.

As I remember the shortlist of 4 included Burley, Souness, McGhee and Levein. Guess which one stands out like a shining beacon from that otherwise uninspiring list? We all know why he'll never get the job.

Strachan would be their best bet now, but i couldn't really give a toss.

If Souness was on the list I stand corrected. :o

I thought it was Burns instead.

Will T2ndGFITW boo the Holland anthem as they did Lithuania's, France's and Northern Ireland's? I'm offering Evens, given the Rangers connection.

Lithuania's you couldnt hear it at all so you never knew it was beeing sung, hence why we sang when it was getting sung, Northern Irelands i joined in with the Ulster fans and sang the British national anthem. I wasn't at the France game so i can't comment