RST re-invented again

Welcome UCB. It'll be interesting to have a board member come on and explain what the RST are up to.

I'm one of the two (not four btw) unsuspecting souls who will be formally joining the RST board at the AGM so I thought I'd stand up and say hello.

The RST website says that you have already formally joined the Board. :whistle:

Welcome UCB. It'll be interesting to have a board member come on and explain what the RST are up to.

The RST website says that you have already formally joined the Board. :whistle:

:D Don't start!

That may be true, however I am viewing the AGM as day 1, perhaps I should have worded it differently. Just to clear things up.

welcome union_city_blue. i'm not quite as cynical as maineflyer, but for me the RST entirely lost its integrity in the way it dealt with the resignations last year. nothing subsequently has convinced me that anything has changed. that said, i believe in democratic supporter representation, and the more positive contributions on all fronts the better. best of luck!

Apologies in advance but it needs to be said ........... cynical, moi?:)

Thanks mate.

I'd like to think that with the passage of time and the various comings & goings now, that everyone can begin to put things behind them and see if we can move into a new phase. Either way, I wasn't involved previously so I'm not gonna be carrying all that around with me.

There's lots going on, there's lots to talk about and there's lots to be done!

Here's to the Rangers!

Having been invited to sell back my life memberhip, I can't claim the same right to know anymore but how about trying something new and keeping at least this small group of fans informed about the specific goals and wider strategy of the RST?

How about breaking the mould and providing us with accurate current membership details? But if you supply this information, I will feel free to broadcast it, together with the source. That should make your induction fairly interesting. Christine will be mortified. :)

Anyway, the very best of luck to you. I've nothing but admiration that you are willing to devote your time to the cause that most of us can only comment on from a distance. Bear in mind though that, having stepped up to the plate, it's entirely fair to have your contribution judged. Personally, I don't think there's a cat's chance in hell of persuading the inner circle in taht organisation to change tack.

Out of interest, how did you come to be co-opted? Have you stood unsuccessfully before? Did you put your name forward or were you approached - if so, why and by whom?

Having been invited to sell back my life memberhip, I can't claim the same right to know anymore but how about trying something new and keeping at least this small group of fans informed about the specific goals and wider strategy of the RST?

How about breaking the mould and providing us with accurate current membership details? But if you supply this information, I will feel free to broadcast it, together with the source. That should make your induction fairly interesting. Christine will be mortified. :)

Anyway, the very best of luck to you. I've nothing but admiration that you are willing to devote your time to the cause that most of us can only comment on from a distance. Bear in mind though that, having stepped up to the plate, it's entirely fair to have your contribution judged. Personally, I don't think there's a cat's chance in hell of persuading the inner circle in taht organisation to change tack.

Out of interest, how did you come to be co-opted? Have you stood unsuccessfully before? Did you put your name forward or were you approached - if so, why and by whom?

Maineflyer :D What can I say?

Firstly thank you for your kind words. I will do my best to do my best, that's all I can do.

Without avoiding the subject and having read some threads now, I'm aware of your quest/position regarding membership numbers etc etc etc. I'd have to say that being new I'm not familiar with such things and also that I don't really fancy getting involved in who-said-what-why-when-and-to-who issues. I'm sure you understand.

The co-opting thing is easy to answer. I put myself about on-line, expressed an interest, exchanged countless PM's with present (and past) members of the Trust board; was invited to a couple of events earlier this year, went along myself, met people, chewed the fat, discussed things of mutual interest etc. Then I sent in my CV and a note by way of application, then I met up with a few of the people again and the process was able to be completed. Basically I thought about it for a long time then I went out of my way to get involved, without knowing or having met any of the board members 1-1.

Hope that's a sufficient explanation.

Cheers :)

The co-opting thing is easy to answer. I put myself about on-line, expressed an interest, exchanged countless PM's with present (and past) members of the Trust board; was invited to a couple of events earlier this year, went along myself, met people, chewed the fat, discussed things of mutual interest etc. Then I sent in my CV and a note by way of application, then I met up with a few of the people again and the process was able to be completed. Basically I thought about it for a long time then I went out of my way to get involved, without knowing or having met any of the board members 1-1.

Hope that's a sufficient explanation.

Cheers :)

Perhaps MF could try and influence from within like yourself rather than sitting on the outside criticising. :fish:

Without avoiding the subject and having read some threads now, I'm aware of your quest/position regarding membership numbers etc etc etc. I'd have to say that being new I'm not familiar with such things and also that I don't really fancy getting involved in who-said-what-why-when-and-to-who issues. I'm sure you understand.

Fortunately, it's not really a case of who-said-what-why-when-and-to-who and sleeping dogs can safely be left in peace. Just a very simple and entirely relevant wee question that seems to have posed an undue challenge for your predecessors.:) Without any need for deep historical research, maybe you could herald this bright new era by providing this one basic morsel of information. Look on it like this, you'd be achieving what no one has ever achieved before at the RST ...... an honest answer about verifiable membership numbers. I understand from a couple of your colleagues-to-be that the membership database is now robust and accurate, so conveying this information should be a straightforward first task. :whistle: I can hardly wait.:)

Perhaps MF could try and influence from within like yourself rather than sitting on the outside criticising. :fish:

Show me this criticism of which you type? I'm merely asking a ridiculously simple question. Surely any criticism of the RST in this matter is entirely self-made by their silence and refusal to discuss the matter. Or is it my fault they treat there membership numbers as such a deep secret and lie outrageously in public about the matter?

Methinks you misdirect your frustration in order to impress our new fellow member?