Alastair Johnston interview

My initial reaction is that I am impressed with what he had to say there.

He talks in very positive terms and obviously feels he has something different to offer, which is most welcome. If he can work out the future landscape he discussed then he will, in fact, be able to position the club in as attractive a way as possible for the next owner.

Short of new ownership structure, this is exactly what we need so I welcome him aboard.

More positive and dare i say it impressive comments with regards to the future than Murray ever came away with .

Where Murray was all sound bites i believe this guy actually has an idea of where he wants us to be , very very impressed

More positive and dare i say it impressive comments with regards to the future than Murray ever came away with .

Where Murray was all sound bites i believe this guy actually has an idea of where he wants us to be , very very impressed

Agreed.

I got the impression that he's forecasting an inevitable breakaway European League or Leagues & that he fully intends Rangers to be part of it if & when it happens. He didn't say that specifically, but he certainly gave that impression from some of his comments.

My initial reaction is that I am impressed with what he had to say there.

He talks in very positive terms and obviously feels he has something different to offer, which is most welcome. If he can work out the future landscape he discussed then he will, in fact, be able to position the club in as attractive a way as possible for the next owner.

Short of new ownership structure, this is exactly what we need so I welcome him aboard.

Agree, very positive start from the guy.

Go back and listen to it again. He actually says next to nothing and certainly nowhere near enough to get excited about. Have we really become so desperate for good news that we're going to do the performing seals act every time Alistair Johnston opens his mouth? He made pleasant noises, which is what you would expect from a new chairman introducing himself to the Rangers public. But that's all.

Where he differs from Murray is that he's a bona fide Rangers man and that must count for something. But please, let's judge this guy on his actions. Years of swallowing bullshit from Murray must at least teach us the merits of that. When Alistair Johnston finds a credible new owner will be time enough to wave flags.

Go back and listen to it again. He actually says next to nothing and certainly nowhere near enough to get excited about. Have we really become so desperate for good news that we're going to do the performing seals act every time Alistair Johnston opens his mouth? He made pleasant noises, which is what you would expect from a new chairman introducing himself to the Rangers public. But that's all.

Where he differs from Murray is that he's a bona fide Rangers man and that must count for something. But please, let's judge this guy on his actions. Years of swallowing bullshit from Murray must at least teach us the merits of that. When Alistair Johnston finds a credible new owner will be time enough to wave flags.

And that is just why I am convinced he might just do a right good job for us , listen today was a prime opportunity to do a Murray and spout any old rubbish and make promises and statements that he couldn't keep , then bugger off back to the states only to wait till next year to repeat the same old stuff , classic Murray tactics.

What he did today was be very measured , very composed and actually very sensible in what he said , he does seem to have ideas "outside the box" which is something that we have all been screaming for from our board , a bit of creativity . Instead of the same old Murray rubbish this guy actually seems to have taken the time to look and think about where we are going wrong , dont write him off just yet.

And that is just why I am convinced he might just do a right good job for us , listen today was a prime opportunity to do a Murray and spout any old rubbish and make promises and statements that he couldn't keep , then bugger off back to the states only to wait till next year to repeat the same old stuff , classic Murray tactics.

What he did today was be very measured , very composed and actually very sensible in what he said , he does seem to have ideas "outside the box" which is something that we have all been screaming for from our board , a bit of creativity . Instead of the same old Murray rubbish this guy actually seems to have taken the time to look and think about where we are going wrong , dont write him off just yet.

What are you talking about? I haven't written off anyone. All I'm saying is we shouldn't create yet another messiah before he actually does something. I think he's a real good guy but that's got jack shit to do with being an effective chairman.

Over on RM they're slaying him because he said "um" too often. At least we're a bit more um ....... tolerant.:)