I take your point overall alex. That said, Mendes and Lafferty were up for sale when we bought them for �£3mil+ each and no EPL team bought them.

Been constant rumours about Mendes and 'Arry saying he never wanted to lose him. I think Lafferty could be snapped up by the likes of Burnley, Hull, that sort of club.

My point is they are being made to look worse than they actually are. No player deliberately plays badly for us. Do they:(?

Once Lafferty has been given a chance to get match fit (5 starts in a row?) then criticise him. He doesn't appear match fit at the moment.

True.

Though by the same token once he has done 1/100th of what Boyd, Novo and dare I say it even Miller have in a Rangers shirt, start revering him like some angel descended from heaven.

A man glorified for very little.

True.

Though by the same token once he has done 1/100th of what Boyd, Novo and dare I say it even Miller have in a Rangers shirt, start revering him like some angel descended from heaven.

A man glorified for very little.

Can't say I've noticed him being revered or glorified.

He does have potential, and perhaps it's this that people hold onto. Once he gets a run, we can see if this potential will be realised.

[/b]

Been constant rumours about Mendes and 'Arry saying he never wanted to lose him. I think Lafferty could be snapped up by the likes of Burnley, Hull, that sort of club.

My point is they are being made to look worse than they actually are. No player deliberately plays badly for us. Do they:(?

I firmly believe that Smiths tactics have devalued and dragged the players down. To the point that they dont know how to play anymore. All they had to do was sit on the edge of the box and hope a break for two seasons.

Theyve had the footballing life drained out of them.

As I said Bluedell, largely motivated by reading FF. So posters on here may think i'm being unfair. The man gets idolised for very little.

That's probably a good example of why I don't read FF so much these days. The quality of debate has suffered with too many good posters not on it any more for a number of reasons.

That's probably a good example of why I don't read FF so much these days. The quality of debate has suffered with too many good posters not on it any more for a number of reasons.

Thought I hadn't seen you on there recently. ;)

Lol.

I know it's not fair to read stuff elsewhere than take out my frustrations here. But I read nonsense elsewhere then come back here to discuss it just to affirm my belief that it is nonsense, or if not, read a reasoned argument of why it is correct.

Not always, but I do admit this happens a fair bit. :o

Lafferty is one I'm persisting with, whilst not glorifying by any means.

When he was first played out on the left he was absolutely rancid.. You can't ever tell me a 6'4 guy with not-such-considerably pace is a left winger. However, when played up top he's in spates proven that he can cut it. I remember his first half performance at home to Hearts being tremendous before he picked up his injury. Lafferty to me seems like he needs a run of games to get into his stride.. as BD says, I'll ultimately judge him after such a run.

Lafferty is one I'm persisting with, whilst not glorifying by any means.

When he was first played out on the left he was absolutely rancid.. You can't ever tell me a 6'4 guy with not-such-considerably pace is a left winger. However, when played up top he's in spates proven that he can cut it. I remember his first half performance at home to Hearts being tremendous before he picked up his injury. Lafferty to me seems like he needs a run of games to get into his stride.. as BD says, I'll ultimately judge him after such a run.

But that's what i'm saying. He has potential. Yet some act like he's already fulfilled it and is first choice already.

Going on what they produce in a Rangers jersey Kyle is behind Miller, Novo, Naismith and Boyd for a start atm. Albeit taking into account form.