Personally I'm not one for speshul relayshunshups, but Hamburg certainly seem happy to be associated with us and with the Jorg Albertz connection I'm happy enough to look fondly upon them. Their "Good Luck Rangers In Manchester" banner a couple of years ago was class.

I'm very suprised that a lot of the memebers on this forum didn't know how strong a bond there is with Rangers and Hamburg.

This has been more or less the case since the 70's and quite often the Hamburg fans take a trip over to watch us at Ibrox. There is a Rangers supporters club in Hamburg too.

I also remember they unveiled a banner versus Werder Bremen to congratulate us for Getting to the UEFA cup final in 2008.

Funnily enough, Hamburgs great rivals St.Pauli have an afinity with Celtic, but that one hasn't been going on as long as the Hamburg/Rangers one.

The only other afinity thats as strong as that with Rangers is Chelsea and Linfield. Both have many Rangers supporters clubs with Linfield and Chelsea as their main team.

I would like to see Rangers fans show the friendship back to these Hamburg fans as they really do go out their way to give us a mention in the Bundesliga and across europe. They are Rangers nuts.(I suppose them lending us their players too would be out of the question) ;)

I'm very suprised that a lot of the memebers on this forum didn't know how strong a bond there is with Rangers and Hamburg.

This has been more or less the case since the 70's and quite often the Hamburg fans take a trip over to watch us at Ibrox. There is a Rangers supporters club in Hamburg too.

I also remember they unveiled a banner versus Werder Bremen to congratulate us for Getting to the UEFA cup final in 2008.

Funnily enough, Hamburgs great rivals St.Pauli have an afinity with Celtic, but that one hasn't been going on as long as the Hamburg/Rangers one.

The only other afinity thats as strong as that with Rangers is Chelsea and Linfield. Both have many Rangers supporters clubs with Linfield and Chelsea as their main team.

I would like to see Rangers fans show the friendship back to these Hamburg fans as they really do go out their way to give us a mention in the Bundesliga and across europe. They are Rangers nuts.(I suppose them lending us their players too would be out of the question) ;)

Couldn't agree more, It seems at the moment to be a one sided thing, a bit like ra sellick and liverpoooooooooool except in reverse! I think we should show some support to Hamburg, we would need to change the words to super Rangers tho cos it turns out that there are some people out there who like us :giruy:lol

Couldn't agree more, It seems at the moment to be a one sided thing, a bit like ra sellick and liverpoooooooooool except in reverse! I think we should show some support to Hamburg, we would need to change the words to super Rangers tho cos it turns out that there are some people out there who like us :giruy:lol

Not sure just how one sided it really is tbh because I think there were quite a few Bears met up for a jar with Hamburg fans before the game on Thursday & went with them. AFAIK there's quite a few going to the game in Hamburg as well.

Do Celtic still need to play Hamburg away? If so we get the game screened at Ibrox and have 1 quid entry for adults and 50p for kids and get a good support going for them.

Not a terrible idea, but not likely to happen. I'm not sure that they could even cover the cost of opening the ground with �£1 entrance fees. :)

Do Celtic still need to play Hamburg away? If so we get the game screened at Ibrox and have 1 quid entry for adults and 50p for kids and get a good support going for them.

Thats a great idea , would the club have the guts to do it though i dont know as the mopes would not dougbt get offended by something like this , but Money makes Ibrox go round these days so you never know i and many of my friends would be up for it.#

Surely the money men at Ibrox must see our connection and get a friendly organised asap with a reasonable ticket price.

Yup, but i bet Rangers wouldnt go for it.

Right now, they just are not in touch with the fans needs and wants.

We need someone who is a supporter working with the fans so we can get exactly what you suggest here Gribz.:thup: