Fan Groups Release Joint Statement

The Rangers Supporters Assembly, Rangers Worldwide Alliance, Rangers Supporters' Trust and Rangers Supporters Association united today to urge the Lloyds Banking Group and the Murray Group to facilitate the sale of Rangers FC.

Rangers fans have endured unnecessary and damaging uncertainty over the future of the Club and it is now time for this to be resolved. The current situation cannot continue ââ?¬â?? it is imperative that a change in ownership is completed now.

We welcome recent statements from Lloyds that they are not running the Club and are providing support in difficult times. However, the only meaningful way they can do that in the best interests of Rangers FC and their fans is to help a takeover be completed quickly.

Rangers FC are Scotland's champions, a worldwide brand with fans in all corners of the globe. Many fans are personal and business customers of the Lloyds Banking Group (which now includes Halifax Bank of Scotland). Lloyds must understand that Rangers fans will quickly withdraw business if there is any risk whatsoever of the Club's current situation being worsened by their actions.

On behalf of all Rangers supporters we urge those involved to facilitate a takeover deal quickly, end damaging speculation and engage the wider support in taking Scotland's leading football club forward.

http://www.thebluenose.co.uk/

The start yes but, as the statement alludes to, the wider support must be engaged by the Assembly if their threat is carried out.

I want to hear more about this subject in a clear, open fashion and I want to contribute to the debate. Just who is dave King and what are his plans for the club?

Guest Bonkle Bear

Hearing Radio Clyde are carrying the story now.

The more the message spreads the better. Even if the threat may be quite empty, given the apathy of some of our support, it sends the right message.

I'm pretty sure this statement will be covered in full by all media over the coming days. I don't doubt most fans would agree with its message but we need to know a lot more before we can fully back Dave King and the fans groups in their appraisal of the situation...

:)

I can understand wanting to know more Frankie, but at the end of the day it will be money that counts.

Why do you think the fans are having to get involved?

Our voice is important and our money even more so. We're entitled to know who we're voting for here surely?

Of course we don't have a vote per se but we can and should be able to influence what does and doesn't happen...

Does King's problems in South Africa and his relatively small net worth not worry you at all?

As I said, in principle, I back him and the statement. However, we deserve to know...

''No one seems to be bothered about the kind of person we could have as owner of the Club. It seems like, Murrays out, anyone will be better''.

I posted this on Monday, so yes I do care. But if King is the only one interested, the Bank will decide, no matter how much we' deserve to know'.