Fan Groups Release Joint Statement

Is King the only one interested though?

Or is he using the situation to his advantage?

Too many questions still remain and they need to be answered - including the fans groups who appear eager to back King. What are they basing their actions on?

Would we have backed Romanov if he were the only person interested?

The fans groups are hoping for influence, a Supporter on the Board for instance. That would be enough for them to back anyone who stated as much.

Of course bartering for something in exchange for their backing is reasonable enough - but that shouldn't done without much forethought and debate.

I don't want to come across as negative here (I do back the statement) but I'm just being cautious through experience. :whistle:

Just had the email through about this....

How do the groups know that Dave King is definitely behing a bid? If he is, is his the only bid on the table? What's the details of his bid and where he wants to take the club?

I didn't think anyone had shown their hand yet and there's obviously been a fair bit of dubious press about him and his business dealings in SA, but much of it seems to be hearsay, so it would be good to read some accurate press on him.

I'd have thought Lloyds and MIH desparately want to get rid of Rangers and if there's a serious bid on the table, it'll be considered. Its not like someone's come out and said that their bid has been rejected because of those organisations being unreasonable.

Just seems to be a bit premature and pointless, that's all. I'd have waited until more information came out and there was something concrete to throw our collective weight behind.

ascender:

King is the main name being linked with the club - I think we can assume that from the plethora of sources (official or otherwise)...

As for accurate press on King, I posted this from the SA government in the other thread RE: his tax problems:

http://www.info.gov.za/speeches/2008/08110512151003.htm

I agree more has to be known before we back his bid fully - although I would also urge fans to pressure the bank if possible.

:)

It's amazing really. Years of subservience and silence while we're being mismanaged. Now, five minutes after Murray leaves the scene, these heroes find their voice and it's all petitions and statements. As the saying goes, you really couldn't make it up.

Where were these people when Murray was running the club into the ground and lying through his teeth to every supporter? Where were they?