Are Rangers fans also up for change?

At this moment Rangers fans not just in Scotland but all over the world are worrying and discussing our future , Dave King if the press and respected posters are to be believed is the favoured saviour , a guy who stays in S A and has major contacts there , our Chairman is a Director of IMG a global management company , we have supporters groups all over the world , and as for Barcelona and it's population then I agree however it is not universal in Spain , just ask any Madrista.

We do not have the finances that other major clubs have , we cannot keep Knocking our potential and our appeal , we are a global brand we are GLASGOW RANGERS and we deserve better .

I'm not knocking our identity as a football club, but in terms of fans we're small in number compared to Barcelona & that was my point. If the Barcelona model was the way forward for football, why haven't hundreds of other clubs gone down that path? The fact of the matter is that Barca are quite unique & that very few other big clubs in Europe would even consider their model as a safe bet for themselves. I say 'safe' because big clubs need security & at the end of the day, the security of Barcelona FC is provided by the lucrative broadcasting rights, not by the fans!!

Maineflyer we have agreed and disagreed over a few things lately and again I possibly agree with your arguement about the support changing , but why label the RST as " silly " they more than anyone have driven the change , going back to the origins and Frankie may or may not agree with this , the trust have swam amongst a tide of apathy , trying to get a better Rangers and a better future for all of us who support this fantastic institution , please do not belittle their attempts or their aims .

As you say, "oh the irony".

I labelled the RST as silly because it seems entirely appropriate. It is silly. But if you doubt it then how about sharing all this "change" you think the RST has driven. I'd love to hear about it. Are you meaning the regular change of board members and the drift towards ever-greater unpopularity and lower membership. Some achievement.

So many Rangers fans have spent so many years backing failure in the shape of David Murray. But we've also backed failure in the shape of our supporters organisations - not one of them has actually achieved anything worth the mention. Why is it so many among us are uncomfortable with criticism of these groups? Why are3 we prepared to lower our ambitions and settle for so little? As I said in the OP, we need to change this outlook every bit as much as we expect change in the boardroom.

I'm not knocking our identity as a football club, but in terms of fans we're small in number compared to Barcelona & that was my point. If the Barcelona model was the way forward for football, why haven't hundreds of other clubs gone down that path? The fact of the matter is that Barca are quite unique & that very few other big clubs in Europe would even consider their model as a safe bet for themselves. I say 'safe' because big clubs need security & at the end of the day, the security of Barcelona FC is provided by the lucrative broadcasting rights, not by the fans!!

Shroomz , I agree we do not have the TV revenue to underpin this , however if we did have the TV deal then we wouldn't be in this mess , also the reason that other teams acros europe do not follow this model is that they do not have the fans that we do worldwide , something radical must be done to address this continual boom and bust that we go through , if you look south at the EPL the total debt is sitting at �£3.2 Billion and this is at a time when they have never had it so good.

Liverpool have a 1 year licence from the EPL to play football as they are technically insolvent due to the debt , that was discussed last week on talksport and is no secret in England , and as many as 7 others teams are on the verge of finacial ruin . We do not want to go down that route and if we dont get a SugarDady who is worth Billions I fear we will just be going down this route again in a few years .

As you say, "oh the irony".

I labelled the RST as silly because it seems entirely appropriate. It is silly. But if you doubt it then how about sharing all this "change" you think the RST has driven. I'd love to hear about it. Are you meaning the regular change of board members and the drift towards ever-greater unpopularity and lower membership. Some achievement.

So many Rangers fans have spent so many years backing failure in the shape of David Murray. But we've also backed failure in the shape of our supporters organisations - not one of them has actually achieved anything worth the mention. Why is it so many among us are uncomfortable with criticism of these groups? Why are3 we prepared to lower our ambitions and settle for so little? As I said in the OP, we need to change this outlook every bit as much as we expect change in the boardroom.

Again I am not disagreeing with your whole aim in this thread , and I was as much as you was very disappointed at the treatment dished out to the previous board of the RST , but and this is my main point they have always tried more than any other supporters group to stand up for the fans , either after manchester or through the " We Deserve Better " at least they made the effort and tried for a better Rangers .

I do fully agree with you about the apathy that is Rangers fans , at times I really cannot believe what we settle for, that is why we must change , especially now when there is at least a chink of light that change is in the air ....