hsv display against Celtic

t9y4py.jpg

15mxv15.jpg

I'd imagine this would be a good design for a display as a thank you gesture to HSV for the great displays they have made for us in the past few years! No idea what a slogan would be... "Wir sind das Volk/Leute"?? or do they have a saying they use? "Ein/Das Protestantclub" (now that could potentially get us into trouble!)

I don't know that Stuttgart will be that bothered about a Hamburg display as they are miles apart and will be a bit like a team putting on a Dundee display at Ibrox. St Pauli or Werder Bremen would be the teams to hit with the HSV display.

I don't know that Stuttgart will be that bothered about a Hamburg display as they are miles apart and will be a bit like a team putting on a Dundee display at Ibrox. St Pauli or Werder Bremen would be the teams to hit with the HSV display.

There's a small chance that we might meet Werder in the Europa League since they're currently topping their group, but it's only a small chance.

I like the idea that we should make a display for Hamburg too. I think it's clear this isn't like Celtic and their "special relationships" with every team in Europe.

Pete looks to have a good point on geography and rivals tho.

Werder and St Pauli are the biggest rivals of HSV so you will only be driving Stuttgart to hating us. Dortmund are also Celtic friendly due to Murdo_MacLeod and they hate Schalke so it would be great if we play Dortmund to have a Schalke display. If we only want to go to bed with HSV then it would send a great message to have a display of course. Schalke and HSV also play in blue so the colours are right.

Werder and St Pauli are the biggest rivals of HSV so you will only be driving Stuttgart to hating us. Dortmund are also Celtic friendly due to Murdo_MacLeod and they hate Schalke so it would be great if we play Dortmund to have a Schalke display. If we only want to go to bed with HSV then it would send a great message to have a display of course. Schalke and HSV also play in blue so the colours are right.

You've gotta love the Hamburg boys though. The displays against Celtic, top class, the display pre-Manchester, top class, the singing when they played City (I think) last year, top class. :thup:

I thought the HSV display was 1st class, but am I the only one thinking it was quite surreal to see several thousand Germans creating a Union Flag with a card display? :devil:

Don't get me wrong, I get it. They wanted to go to the extremes with a wind-up & it worked. It looked totally amazing in their Stadium as well going by the pics. I just couldn't help thinking that it was surreal/bizarre seeing all those Germans creating a Union Flag display. :)

Once again, i'll reiterate that we should repay Hamburg for this with something for them to see.

They really went out their way to wind up Celtic and their affinity with Rangers is really admirable.

Looks like we're all agreed with that.

I guess the thing now is to do it a manner befitting our club and not the pathetic love us, love us behaviour of our mhanky neighbours.