I can verify TB's story also - it really was that poorly organised, having watched the whole thing happen from the Main Stand.

I think on this occasion, Bain and Johnston certainly have to back the fans (with the exception of a few who threw seats). Both watched the whole thing from their box above us, and certainly had a clear view of it.

That Stadium/surrounding area was like the land that time forgot and i dont have a clue how it could ever pass European stadia rules. Fan safety was certainly placed at risk and we witnessed both Urziceni and Rangers fans almost being hit by passing cars at the stadium perimeter due to no lighting, flooded walkways and no safety barriers. It wasn't a case of fans being drunk here guys, the place was beyond shambolic.

Our boys were alsoshocked at the lack of (at least) English speaking or Rangers Stewards, meaning no guidance on where to enter the stadium or separation from Romanian fans.

Maybe TB can add to this, but the stewards inside the ground starting removing Gers banners which had sat at the bottom of the seating the full first half. I didnt see the reason for this, however that seemed to anger a lot of guys - understandably so - and seemed to start the following bother.

The whole thing was a f*ckin disaster of a set up - and while i dont agree at all with the guys breaking seats and throwing them (they should be punished) - A strong case must be put to UEFA, as from the outside looking in, its just another case of "rangers hooligans."

Are there any grounds on which a fan could bring an action against UEFA? I can't think what it would be, other than some corporate mismanagement thing, or against whoever passed the ground fit and safe.

It wouldn't have a chance of succeeding, but it might make them think twice about doleing out punishment.